Affiliation: Harvard University
- Transplantation of islets transduced with CTLA4-Ig and TGFbeta using adenovirus and lentivirus vectorsJustin R Fernandes
Section on Islet Transplantation and Cell Biology, Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard Medical School, One Joslin Place, Room 535, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Transpl Immunol 13:191-200. 2004..The purpose of this study was to see if lentiviral (LV) vectors would provide superior results compared with adenoviral vectors...
- Exercise induces hypoglycemia in rats with islet transplantationAbdulkadir Omer
Section on Islet Transplantation and Cell Biology, Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Diabetes 53:360-5. 2004..C-peptide and glucagon responses to exercise were very different in rats with transplanted islets compared with controls. This islet dysfunction led to exercise-induced hypoglycemia...
- Macrophage depletion improves survival of porcine neonatal pancreatic cell clusters contained in alginate macrocapsules transplanted into ratsAbdulkadir Omer
Section on Islet Transplantation and Cell Biology, Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Xenotransplantation 10:240-51. 2003..In this study, the effect of peritoneal macrophage depletion on the biocompatibility of alginate macrocapsules and function of macroencapsulated porcine neonatal pancreatic cell clusters (NPCCs) was investigated...
- Long-term normoglycemia in rats receiving transplants with encapsulated isletsAbdulkadir Omer
Section on Islet Transplantation and Cell Biology, Joslin Diabetes Center, Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Transplantation 79:52-8. 2005....
- Survival and maturation of microencapsulated porcine neonatal pancreatic cell clusters transplanted into immunocompetent diabetic miceAbdulkadir Omer
Section on Islet Transplantation and Cell Biology, Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Diabetes 52:69-75. 2003..In conclusion, NPCCs encapsulated with simple barium alginate can differentiate into beta-cells and reverse high blood glucose levels in immunocompetent mice without immunosuppression for >20 weeks...
- Gene expression of purified beta-cell tissue obtained from human pancreas with laser capture microdissectionLorella Marselli
Section on Islet Transplantation and Cell Biology, Joslin Diabetes Center, One Joslin Place, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:1046-53. 2008..Assessment is complicated when isolated islets are studied because of contamination by non-beta-cells and the trauma of the isolation procedure...
- Differentiation of affinity-purified human pancreatic duct cells to beta-cellsShigeru Yatoh
Section on Islet Transplantation and Cell Biology, Joslin Diabetes Center, One Joslin Place, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Diabetes 56:1802-9. 2007..Thus, purified duct cells from adult human pancreas can differentiate to insulin-producing cells...
- Insulin Autoimmune Syndrome: a rare cause of postprandial hypoglycemiaPooja Sahni
Division on Endocrinology and Metabolic Medicine and Department of Internal Medicine, St Vincent Hospital, Worcester, Massachusetts, USA
Endocrinol Diabetes Metab Case Rep 2016:. 2016..She reported only two episodes of hypoglycemia, and anti-insulin antibody levels were significantly lower at 10 U/mL after the following 12-month follow-up...
- TRAIL and DcR1 expressions are differentially regulated in the pancreatic islets of STZ- versus CY-applied NOD miceErcument Dirice
Section of Islet Cell and Regenerative Medicine, Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Exp Diabetes Res 2011:625813. 2011....
- Survival of microencapsulated adult pig islets in mice in spite of an antibody responseValerie F Duvivier-Kali
Diabetes and Obesity Unit, Sanofi Synthelabo, Rueil Malmaison, France
Am J Transplant 4:1991-2000. 2004..In conclusion, alginate capsules can prolong the survival of adult pig islets transplanted into diabetic mice for up to 190 days, even in the presence of an antibody response...
- Molecular mechanisms of death ligand-mediated immune modulation: a gene therapy model to prolong islet survival in type 1 diabetesAhter Dilsad Sanlioglu
Human Gene Therapy Unit and the Department of Medical Biology and Genetics, Akdeniz University, Faculty of Medicine, 07070 Antalya, Turkey
J Cell Biochem 104:710-20. 2008..In conclusion; this study mainly reveals the fundamental principles of death ligand-mediated immune evasion in diabetes mellitus...