CARLA M OBERMEYER
Affiliation: Harvard University
- The consequences of female circumcision for health and sexuality: an update on the evidenceCarla Makhlouf Obermeyer
Department of Population and International Health, Harvard University, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cult Health Sex 7:443-61. 2005....
- Symptoms, menopause status, and country differences: a comparative analysis from DAMESCarla Makhlouf Obermeyer
Department of Population and International Health, Harvard University, Boston, MA, USA
Menopause 14:788-97. 2007....
- The menopause in Spain: results of the DAMES (Decisions At MEnopause) studyCarla Makhlouf Obermeyer
Department of Population and International Health, Harvard University, 655 Avenue of the Arts, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Maturitas 52:190-8. 2005..To assess the symptomatology of menopause and the use of hormone therapy among women in Spain...
- Therapeutic decisions for menopause: results of the DAMES project in central MassachusettsCarla Makhlouf Obermeyer
Department of Population and International Health, Harvard School of Public Health, 665 Avenue of the Arts, Boston, MA, USA
Menopause 11:456-65. 2004....
- Menopause in Morocco: symptomatology and medical managementCarla Makhlouf Obermeyer
Department of Gender and Women s Health, Harvard University, 665 Avenue of the Arts, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Maturitas 41:87-95. 2002..To assess the frequency of menopausal symptoms and patterns of recourse to medical care in Rabat, Morocco...
- Cross-cultural comparisons: midlife, aging, and menopauseCarla Makhlouf Obermeyer
Department of Population and International Health, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, USA
Menopause 14:663-7. 2007..This multidisciplinary collection of papers is an impressive commentary on what has been done in cross-cultural research and a compendium of suggestions for the future...
- The health consequences of female circumcision: science, advocacy, and standards of evidenceCarla Makhlouf Obermeyer
Department of Population and International Health, Harvard University, USA
Med Anthropol Q 17:394-412. 2003....
- Women's midlife health across cultures: DAMES comparative analysisMichelle A Parsons
Department of Anthropology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Menopause 14:760-8. 2007..The Decisions At Menopause Study (DAMES) investigates the experience of menopause in four countries. This article explores self-reported health...
- Symptom groupings at midlife: cross-cultural variation and association with job, home, and life changeLynnette Leidy Sievert
Department of Anthropology, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Amherst, MA 01003 9278, USA
Menopause 14:798-807. 2007..To examine how symptoms at midlife grouped together by factor analyses in four different countries and to examine whether life changes were associated with symptom frequencies...
- Determinants of hot flashes and night sweatsLynnette Leidy Sievert
Department of Anthropology, UMass Amherst, MA 01003 9278, USA
Ann Hum Biol 33:4-16. 2006..The purpose of this study was to identify determinants of hot flashes and night sweats, two vasomotor symptoms associated with the hormonal changes of the menopause transition...
- Age at natural menopause in Spain and the United States: results from the DAMES projectRobert F Reynolds
Pfizer, Inc, Global Epidemiology, 150 East 42nd Street, MS 150 3 72, New York, New York 10017, USA
Am J Hum Biol 17:331-40. 2005..S. are comparable to other industrialized nations. The factors associated with the timing of natural menopause, in particular smoking and BMI, are consistent with those identified in previous studies...
- The medical management of menopause: a four-country comparison care in urban areasLynnette Leidy Sievert
Department of Anthropology, UMass Amherst, 240 Hicks Way, Amherst, MA 01003 9278, USA
Maturitas 59:7-21. 2008..To compare the medical management of menopause across urban areas in four countries which differ by level of income and degree of medicalization...
- HIV in the Middle EastCarla Makhlouf Obermeyer
Department of HIV AIDS, World Health Organization, Geneva, 1211, Switzerland
BMJ 333:851-4. 2006
- Reframing research on sexual behavior and HIVCarla Makhlouf Obermeyer
Department of HIV, World Health Organization, 20 Avenue Appia, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Stud Fam Plann 36:1-12. 2005..They show that expanding the models that drive research in this area is possible, and that efforts to combine disciplinary perspectives result in deeper understandings of knowledge, risk perceptions, attitudes, and behavioral change...
- HAART and sexual risk behaviorCarla Makhlouf Obermeyer
JAMA 292:2335; author reply 2336. 2004
- The role of treatment intentions and concerns about side effects in women's decision to discontinue postmenopausal hormone therapyRobert F Reynolds
Safety Evaluation and Epidemiology, Pfizer, Inc, 235 East 42nd Street, MS 150 3 72, New York, NY 10017, USA
Maturitas 43:183-94. 2002....
- Medication use and gender in Massachusetts: results of a household surveyCarla Makhlouf Obermeyer
World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Health Care Women Int 28:593-613. 2007..Responses to open-ended questions suggest that women's discourse about the effect of medications differs from men's in terms of the range and detail of descriptions of symptoms and side effects...