Asghar Z Naqvi
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Docosahexaenoic Acid and Periodontitis in Adults: A Randomized Controlled TrialA Z Naqvi
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Dent Res 93:767-73. 2014..20). In this randomized controlled trial, aspirin-triggered DHA supplementation significantly improved periodontal outcomes in people with periodontitis, indicating its potential therapeutic efficacy (clinicaltrials.gov NTC01976806). ..
- Monounsaturated, trans, and saturated Fatty acids and cognitive decline in womenAsghar Z Naqvi
Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 59:837-43. 2011..To prospectively assess effects of select dietary fats on cognitive decline...
- n-3 fatty acids and periodontitis in US adultsAsghar Z Naqvi
Harvard Medical School, and a hospitalist, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 110:1669-75. 2010..Periodontitis is a common, chronic inflammatory disease. Although n-3 fatty acids have anti-inflammatory properties, it is unclear whether n-3 fatty acids can treat or prevent periodontitis...
- Nutrient intake and peripheral artery disease in adults: key considerations in cross-sectional studiesAsghar Z Naqvi
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, United States Electronic address
Clin Nutr 33:443-7. 2014..Some studies have not accounted for the functional consequences of PAD, potentially leading to biased results. To determine the associations between intakes of dietary fiber, folate, vitamins A, C, E, and B6 and PAD...
- Dietary fatty acids and peripheral artery disease in adultsAsghar Z Naqvi
Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Atherosclerosis 222:545-50. 2012..Although saturated, monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids have strong associations with atherosclerosis, it is unclear if diets high in these fatty acids affect PAD...
- Erythrocyte saturated fatty acids and systemic inflammation in adultsLin Mu
Division of General Medicine and Primary Care, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts
Nutrition 30:1404-8. 2014..The aim of this study was to investigate the associations between red blood cell (RBC) phospholipid SFAs and systemic inflammation...