Mari M Nakamura
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Measuring pediatric hospital readmission rates to drive quality improvementMari M Nakamura
Division of General Pediatrics, Boston Children s Hospital, Boston, Mass Division of Infectious Diseases, Boston Children s Hospital, Boston, Mass Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass Electronic address
Acad Pediatr 14:S39-46. 2014..More research is needed on methods to enhance adjustment of readmission rates and on how to prevent pediatric readmissions. ..
- Impact of the meaningful use incentive program on electronic health record adoption by US children's hospitalsMari M Nakamura
Division of Infectious Diseases Division of General Pediatrics
J Am Med Inform Assoc 22:390-8. 2015....
- Change in adoption of electronic health records by US children's hospitalsMari M Nakamura
Division of Infectious Diseases, Boston Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Pediatrics 131:e1563-75. 2013..We hypothesized that children's hospitals would show progress since our initial evaluation of health information technology (HIT) implementation in 2008...
- Influenza vaccination in adolescents with high-risk conditionsMari M Nakamura
Department of Ambulatory Care and Prevention, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Pediatrics 122:920-8. 2008..We assessed influenza vaccination rates from 1992 to 2002, individual continuity of vaccination, and missed opportunities for vaccination in adolescents with high-risk conditions...
- Higher prevalence of pharyngeal than nasal Staphylococcus aureus carriage in pediatric intensive care unitsMari M Nakamura
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA, USA
J Clin Microbiol 48:2957-9. 2010..We examined the sensitivity of nasal and pharyngeal sampling for S. aureus colonization in 331 children admitted to intensive care units. Pharyngeal screening was more sensitive than nasal screening (92.6% versus 63.1%, P < 0.0001)...
- Pediatric readmission prevalence and variability across hospitalsJay G Berry
Division of General Pediatrics, Boston Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
JAMA 309:372-80. 2013..Readmission rates are used as an indicator of the quality of care that patients receive during a hospital admission and after discharge...
- Same-Hospital Readmission Rates as a Measure of Pediatric Quality of CareAlisa Khan
Division of General Pediatrics, Boston Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts2Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
JAMA Pediatr 169:905-12. 2015..Because hospitals lack different-hospital readmission (DHR) data, they may underestimate all-hospital readmission (AHR) rates (hospital A to hospital A or B)...
- Electronic health record adoption by children's hospitals in the United StatesMari M Nakamura
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 164:1145-51. 2010..To assess adoption of electronic health records (EHRs) and clinical functionalities, involvement in health information exchange, and barriers to and facilitators of adoption among children's hospitals in the United States...