G F Mitchell
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Equipotent antihypertensive agents variously affect pulsatile hemodynamics and regression of cardiac hypertrophy in spontaneously hypertensive ratsG F Mitchell
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass 02115, USA
Circulation 94:2923-9. 1996..However, the pulsatile component of hemodynamic load has not been evaluated in this model...
- Sphygmomanometrically determined pulse pressure is a powerful independent predictor of recurrent events after myocardial infarction in patients with impaired left ventricular function. SAVE investigators. Survival and Ventricular EnlargementG F Mitchell
Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass 02115, USA
Circulation 96:4254-60. 1997..There is increasing evidence of a link between conduit vessel stiffness and cardiovascular events, although the association has never been tested in a large post-myocardial infarction patient population...
- The heart and conduit vessels in hypertensionG F Mitchell
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Med Clin North Am 81:1247-71. 1997..This article reviews the adaptation of the heart and vessels to hypertension, the clinical implications of these structural and functional changes, and the effects of therapy on cardiovascular function...
- Effects of reperfusion on arrhythmias and death after coronary artery occlusion in the rat: increased electrical stability independent of myocardial salvageC F Opitz
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 32:261-7. 1998..This study sought to delineate salvage-dependent from salvage-independent coronary reperfusion in acute myocardial infarction and the effects on spontaneously occurring arrhythmias and arrhythmic death in rats...
- Increased pulse pressure and risk of heart failure in the elderlyC U Chae
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02215 1204, USA
JAMA 281:634-9. 1999..Arterial stiffness increases with age. Thus, pulse pressure, an index of arterial stiffening, may predict congestive heart failure (CHF) in the elderly...
- Long QT and ventricular arrhythmias in transgenic mice expressing the N terminus and first transmembrane segment of a voltage-gated potassium channelB London
Division of Cardiology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:2926-31. 1998..These changes correlate with a marked decrease in the level of Kv1.5 polypeptide. Thus, overexpression of a truncated K+ channel in the heart alters native K+ channel expression and has profound effects on cardiac excitability...
- Inducible polymorphic ventricular tachyarrhythmias in a transgenic mouse model with a long Q-T phenotypeA Jeron
Cardiovascular Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 278:H1891-8. 2000....
- Characterization of mice with a combined suppression of I(to) and I(K,slow)M Brunner
Cardiovascular Research Division, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 281:H1201-9. 2001..Thus the attenuation of fast I(to) in addition to I(K,slow) in Kv1/Kv4DN mice causes significant prolongation of APD and Q-T intervals and attenuation of spontaneous arrhythmias...