K P Mason
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Serum ethanol levels in children and adults after ethanol embolization or sclerotherapy for vascular anomaliesK P Mason
Departments of Anesthesiology, Radiology and Biostatistics, Children s Hospital, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Radiology 217:127-32. 2000..To evaluate the serum ethanol level in children and adults after ethanol embolization or sclerotherapy for vascular anomalies...
- Accuracy of capnography with a 30 foot nasal cannula for monitoring respiratory rate and end-tidal CO2 in childrenK P Mason
Department of Anesthesiology, Children s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Monit Comput 16:259-62. 2000..When supplemental oxygen was delivered by face-mask, there was no dilutional effect on the respiratory rate or end-tidal CO2 recorded with either the 10-foot or 30-foot nasal cannulas in place...
- Coagulation abnormalities in pediatric and adult patients after sclerotherapy or embolization of vascular anomaliesK P Mason
Department of Anesthesia, Children's Hospital, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115-5737, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 177:1359-63. 2001..This patient population may benefit from the use of glue, foam, or coils as a substitute for dehydrated alcohol or sodium tetradecyl sulfate...
- Perioperative considerations in a hypothyroid infant with hepatic haemangiomaK P Mason
Harvard Medical School, Children's Hospital, Department of Anaesthesia, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Paediatr Anaesth 11:228-32. 2001..To our knowledge, this is the first published report describing intravenous triiodothyronine as a therapeutic modality to stabilize a hypothyroid infant prior to undergoing a general anaesthetic...
- Sedatives used in pediatric imaging: comparison of IV pentobarbital with IV pentobarbital with midazolam addedK P Mason
Department of Anesthesia, Children's Hospital, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 177:427-30. 2001..The prolonged time needed both to sedate and to discharge (timed from the initial dose of sedation) pediatric patients who have received midazolam should discourage physicians from combining it with pentobarbital for pediatric sedation...
- Adverse event reporting tool to standardize the reporting and tracking of adverse events during procedural sedation: a consensus document from the World SIVA International Sedation Task ForceK P Mason
Department of Anesthesiology, Children s Hospital Boston, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Br J Anaesth 108:13-20. 2012..The ISTF is composed of adult and paediatric sedation practitioners from multiple disciplines throughout the world...