Ruy Lopez Ridaura
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Risk of progression to hypertension in a low-income Mexican population with prehypertension and normal blood pressureAida Jimenez-Corona
Centro de Investigacion en Salud Poblacional, Instituto Nacional de Salud Publica, Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico
Am J Hypertens 20:929-36. 2007..We estimated the incidence rates of hypertension in a low-income Mexican population according to several subcategories of baseline BP within normal and prehypertensive categories...
- Interactions between the -514C->T polymorphism of the hepatic lipase gene and lifestyle factors in relation to HDL concentrations among US diabetic menCuilin Zhang
Department of Nutrition, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 81:1429-35. 2005....
- Effects of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs on cancer sites other than the colon and rectum: a meta-analysisAntonio Gonzalez-Perez
Centro Español de Investigación Farmacoepidemiológica, Madrid, Spain
BMC Cancer 3:28. 2003..Studies assessing the effects of NSAIDs on other cancers have shown conflicting results. Therefore, we conducted a meta-analysis to evaluate the relationship between NSAID use and cancer other than colorectal...
- Magnesium intake and risk of type 2 diabetes in men and womenRuy Lopez-Ridaura
Department of Nutrition, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Diabetes Care 27:134-40. 2004..To examine the association between magnesium intake and risk of type 2 diabetes...
- Common variants of the endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene and the risk of coronary heart disease among U.S. diabetic menCuilin Zhang
Department of Nutrition, Harvard School of Public Health, 665 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Diabetes 55:2140-7. 2006..002), compared with noncarriers. In conclusion, our data suggested that -786T>C, Glu298Asp, and an intron 8 polymorphism of the eNOS gene are potentially involved in the atherogenic pathway among U.S. diabetic men...