Affiliation: Harvard University
- Sequential therapy with tamoxifen and aromatase inhibitors in early-stage postmenopausal breast cancer: a review of the evidenceGeorgia Litsas
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 35:714-21. 2008..To review the available evidence for the emerging role of aromatase inhibitors (AIs) in postmenopausal women with hormone-sensitive early-stage breast cancer...
- Individualizing care for women with early-stage breast cancer: the role of molecular assaysGeorgia Litsas
Breast Oncology Center, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA
Clin J Oncol Nurs 17:332-4. 2013..However, oncologists now are able to use molecular assays as a component of decision making for adjuvant therapy. This article focuses on the use of two of those molecular assays and their implications for nurses...
- Nursing perspectives on fulvestrant for the treatment of postmenopausal women with metastatic breast cancerGeorgia Litsas
Breast Oncology Center, Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA
Clin J Oncol Nurs 15:674-81. 2011..This article provides oncology nurses with the knowledge needed to educate patients on the use of fulvestrant, to effectively administer this medication, and to prevent and manage potential side effects...
- Clinicopathological features among patients with advanced human epidermal growth factor-2-positive breast cancer with prolonged clinical benefit to first-line trastuzumab-based therapy: a retrospective cohort studyInes Vaz-Luis
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Breast Oncology Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 13:254-63. 2013..In this retrospective study, we investigated the clinicopathological features associated with prolonged first-line trastuzumab-based treatment duration...
- Use and duration of chemotherapy in patients with metastatic breast cancer according to tumor subtype and line of therapyDavinia S E Seah
From the aDepartment of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts, and bDepartment of Medical Oncology, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
J Natl Compr Canc Netw 12:71-80. 2014..The role of advanced (greater than third) chemotherapy lines in improving survival of all patients with MBC warrants further study. ..
- Inadvertent use of aromatase inhibitors in patients with breast cancer with residual ovarian function: cases and lessonsHarold J Burstein
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 7:158-61. 2006..We believe clinicians should be aware of the potential ovarian reserve among women with treatment-related amenorrhea so as to avoid use of AI therapy in patients in whom there is uncertainty about menopausal status...