Affiliation: Harvard University
- Selective filtering of particles by the extracellular matrix: an electrostatic bandpassOliver Lieleg
Lehrstuhl für Zellbiophysik E27, Technische Universitat Munchen, Garching, Germany
Biophys J 97:1569-77. 2009..g., the mucus layer of endothelial cells or the hydrogel in the nuclear core complex...
- Rheological characterization of the bundling transition in F-actin solutions induced by methylcelluloseSimone Köhler
Lehrstuhl für Biophysik E27, Technische Universitat Munchen, Garching, Germany
PLoS ONE 3:e2736. 2008..As a consequence, the effect of methylcellulose on actin solutions has to be considered very carefully when MC is used in biochemical experiments...
- A Selective Mucin/Methylcellulose Hybrid Gel with Tailored Mechanical PropertiesConstantin Nowald
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Institute for Medical Engineering IMETUM, Technische Universitat Munchen, 85748, Garching, Germany
Macromol Biosci 16:567-79. 2016..Finally, the hybrid gel selectively retards the release of embedded molecules which can be used to further control and prolong drug release from the material. ..
- Rheology of semiflexible bundle networks with transient linkersKei W Müller
Institute for Computational Mechanics, Technische Universitat Munchen, 85748 Garching, Germany
Phys Rev Lett 112:238102. 2014..This regime is dominated by bundle dissolution and large-scale rearrangements of the network driven by equilibrium thermal fluctuations...
- Ion-specific effects modulate the diffusive mobility of colloids in an extracellular matrix gelFabienna Arends
Zentralinstitut für Medizintechnik, Technische Universitat Munchen, Boltzmannstrasse 11, 85748 Garching, Germany
Langmuir 29:15965-73. 2013..Finally, by comparing the efficiency of particle trapping in Matrigel as a function of the ionic strength of the hydrogel buffer, we show that ion-specific effects regulate the efficiency of this trapping process. ..
- Specific integrin labeling in living cells using functionalized nanocrystalsOliver Lieleg
Lehrstuhl für Biophysik E22, Technische Universitat Munchen, Garching, Germany
Small 3:1560-5. 2007..We show that blinking events do not prevent the acquisition of quantitative parameters from the QD trajectories...
- Hydrophobic Properties of Biofilm-Enriched Hybrid MortarStefan Grumbein
Department of Mechanical Engineering and Institute of Medical Engineering IMETUM, Technische Universitat Munchen, 85748, Garching, Germany
Adv Mater 28:8138-8143. 2016..A material is obtained that exhibits increased roughness on the microscale and the nanoscale. Accordingly, the hybrid mortar not only resists wetting but also suppresses the uptake of water by capillary forces...
- Lipid Head Group Charge and Fatty Acid Configuration Dictate Liposome Mobility in Neurofilament NetworksFabienna Arends
Department of Mechanical Engineering and Institute of Medical Engineering IMETUM, Technical University of Munich, 85748, Garching, Germany
Macromol Biosci . 2016....
- Comparison of friction and wear of articular cartilage on different length scalesSandra Kienle
Physics Department and Institute for Medical Engineering, IMETUM, Technische Universitat Munchen, Boltzmannstr 11, 85748 Garching, Germany
J Biomech 48:3052-8. 2015..This study confirms the previous notion that friction and wear are not necessarily correlated in articular cartilage tribology and that the main role of HA might be to provide wear protection for the articular surface. ..
- Diffusion Regulation in the Vitreous HumorBenjamin Tillmann Käsdorf
Institute of Medical Engineering IMETUM, Technische Universitat Munchen, Garching, Germany Department of Mechanical Engineering, Technische Universitat Munchen, Garching, Germany
Biophys J 109:2171-81. 2015..Furthermore, molecule penetration into the vitreous is also charge-dependent and only efficient as long as the net charge of the molecule does not exceed a certain threshold. ..
- A microfluidics approach to study the accumulation of molecules at basal lamina interfacesFabienna Arends
Institute of Medical Engineering IMETUM, Technische Universitat Munchen, Boltzmannstrasse 11, 85748 Garching, Germany
Lab Chip 15:3326-34. 2015..Our assay may serve as a platform to perform penetration experiments with even more complex interfaces combining cellular barriers with biopolymer coatings. ..
- The biophysical properties of Basal lamina gels depend on the biochemical composition of the gelFabienna Arends
Institute of Medical Engineering IMETUM, Technische Universitat Munchen, Boltzmannstrasse 11, 85748, Garching, Germany Department of Mechanical Engineering, Technische Universitat Munchen, Boltzmannstrasse 15, 85748, Garching, Germany
PLoS ONE 10:e0118090. 2015..We show that these differences correlate with the mechanical properties and the microarchitecture of the gels which in turn arise from small variations in their biochemical composition. ..
- Micro- and macrorheological properties of isotropically cross-linked actin networksYuxia Luan
Lehrstuhl fur Biophysik, Technische Universitat Munchen, Garching, Germany
Biophys J 94:688-93. 2008..Thus, the micro- and macromechanical properties of isotropically cross-linked in vitro actin networks are determined by only one intrinsic network parameter...