Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Harvard University
- RUNX1 regulates the CD34 gene in haematopoietic stem cells by mediating interactions with a distal regulatory elementElena Levantini
Division of Hematology Oncology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Center for Life Science, Boston, MA, USA
EMBO J 30:4059-70. 2011..Overall, our in vivo data provide novel evidence about the role of RUNX1 in mediating interactions between distal and proximal elements of the HSC gene CD34...
- Sox4 is a key oncogenic target in C/EBPα mutant acute myeloid leukemiaHong Zhang
Harvard Stem Cell Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Cancer Cell 24:575-88. 2013..Our data demonstrate that Sox4 overexpression resulting from C/EBPα inactivation contributes to the development of leukemia with a distinct LIC phenotype. ..
- C/EBPa controls acquisition and maintenance of adult haematopoietic stem cell quiescenceMin Ye
Harvard Stem Cell Institute, Harvard Medical School, and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nat Cell Biol 15:385-94. 2013..Mechanistically we identified N-Myc as a downstream target of C/EBPa, and loss of C/EBPa resulted in de-repression of N-Myc. Our data establish C/EBPa as a central determinant in the switch from fetal to adult HSCs...
- CD45/CD11b positive subsets of adult lung anchorage-independent cells harness epithelial stem cells in cultureYakov Peter
Department of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Tissue Eng Regen Med 7:572-83. 2013....
- Treatment of chronic myelogenous leukemia by blocking cytokine alterations found in normal stem and progenitor cellsRobert S Welner
Harvard Stem Cell Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Cell 27:671-81. 2015..Compatible results were obtained when human CML were cultured with normal human hematopoietic progenitor cells. Furthermore, neutralization of IL-6 prevented these changes and treated the disease. ..
- CARM1 is required for proper control of proliferation and differentiation of pulmonary epithelial cellsKaren B O'Brien
Harvard Stem Cell Institute and Center for Life Sciences, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Development 137:2147-56. 2010..These results demonstrate for the first time that CARM1 inhibits pulmonary cell proliferation and is required for proper differentiation of alveolar cells...
- Identification of a myeloid committed progenitor as the cancer-initiating cell in acute promyelocytic leukemiaFlorence C Guibal
Center for Life Sciences, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Blood 114:5415-25. 2009..Our findings provide further understanding of the biology of APL by demonstrating that a committed transformed progenitor can initiate and propagate the disease...
- Respiratory failure due to differentiation arrest and expansion of alveolar cells following lung-specific loss of the transcription factor C/EBPalpha in miceDaniela S Bassères
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:1109-23. 2006..Furthermore, this study indicates that exploring the C/EBPalpha pathway might have therapeutic benefits for patients with respiratory distress syndromes...
- CCAAT/enhancer binding protein β is dispensable for development of lung adenocarcinomaYi Cai
Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 10:e0120647. 2015..Taken together, our data suggest that C/EBPβ is dispensable for development of lung adenocarcinoma. ..
- Epidermal growth factor receptor and claudin-2 participate in A549 permeability and remodeling: implications for non-small cell lung cancer tumor colonizationYakov Peter
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Mol Carcinog 48:488-97. 2009..Understanding the influence of EGF on A549 cell permeability and reorganization will help shed light on NSCLC tumor colonization and contribute to the development of novel anti-cancer treatments...
- Three-dimensional magnetic resonance microscopy of pulmonary solitary tumors in transgenic miceShigeto Kubo
Department of Radiology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, and Ireland Cancer Center, University Hospitals of Cleveland Case Western Reserve University, OH, USA
Magn Reson Med 56:698-703. 2006..This promising method is noninvasive and has the potential to eventually replace invasive histopathology because it obviates the need to kill groups of animals at multiple time points...
- Enhancement of hematopoietic stem cell repopulating capacity and self-renewal in the absence of the transcription factor C/EBP alphaPu Zhang
Harvard Institutes of Medicine, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Immunity 21:853-63. 2004..Therefore, C/EBP alpha is not only essential for granulocyte development but, in addition, is a regulator of hematopoietic stem cell activity...