Sara W Lazar
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Stress reduction correlates with structural changes in the amygdalaBritta K Hölzel
Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci 5:11-7. 2010....
- Meditation experience is associated with increased cortical thicknessSara W Lazar
Psychiatric Neuroimaging Research Program, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Neuroreport 16:1893-7. 2005..Finally, the thickness of two regions correlated with meditation experience. These data provide the first structural evidence for experience-dependent cortical plasticity associated with meditation practice...
- Effects of mindfulness meditation training on anticipatory alpha modulation in primary somatosensory cortexCatherine E Kerr
Harvard Osher Research Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Brain Res Bull 85:96-103. 2011..This finding is the first to show enhanced local alpha modulation following sustained attentional training, and implicates this form of enhanced dynamic neural regulation in the behavioral effects of meditative practice...
- The potential effects of meditation on age-related cognitive decline: a systematic reviewTim Gard
Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts Bender Institute of Neuroimaging, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Giessen, Germany Faculty of Psychology and Neuroscience, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1307:89-103. 2014..Reported dropout rates were low and compliance rates high. We conclude that meditation interventions for older adults are feasible, and preliminary evidence suggests that meditation can offset age-related cognitive decline. ..
- Pain attenuation through mindfulness is associated with decreased cognitive control and increased sensory processing in the brainTim Gard
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Cereb Cortex 22:2692-702. 2012..These findings reveal a unique mechanism of pain modulation, comprising increased sensory processing and decreased cognitive control, and are in sharp contrast to established pain modulation mechanisms...
- Mindfulness practice leads to increases in regional brain gray matter densityBritta K Hölzel
Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Psychiatry Res 191:36-43. 2011..The results suggest that participation in MBSR is associated with changes in gray matter concentration in brain regions involved in learning and memory processes, emotion regulation, self-referential processing, and perspective taking...
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction, Fear Conditioning, and The Uncinate Fasciculus: A Pilot StudyBritta K Hölzel
Department of Neuroradiology, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technical University of MunichMunich, Germany Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical SchoolBoston, MA, USA
Front Behav Neurosci 10:124. 2016..ClinicalTrials.gov, Identifier NCT01320969, https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01320969). ..
- fMRI Investigation of MeditationSara Lazar; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Impact of long-term meditation on brain structure and function in normal agingSara Lazar; Fiscal Year: 2007..These findings will also provide a framework upon which more comprehensive future studies can be constructed. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..