Affiliation: Harvard University
- Long-term engraftment and expansion of tumor-derived memory T cells following the implantation of non-disrupted pieces of human lung tumor into NOD-scid IL2Rgamma(null) miceMichelle R Simpson-Abelson
State University of New York, Department of Microbiology and Immunology and The Witebsky Center for Microbial Pathogenesis and Immunology, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
J Immunol 180:7009-18. 2008..We conclude that the NOD-scid IL2Rgamma(null) tumor xenograft model provides an opportunity to study tumor and tumor-stromal cell interactions in situ for prolonged periods...
- High-throughput sequencing of mGluR signaling pathway genes reveals enrichment of rare variants in autismRaymond J Kelleher
Center for Human Genetic Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e35003. 2012..Collectively, these findings suggest that altered signaling downstream of mGluRs contributes to the pathogenesis of non-syndromic autism...
- The autistic neuron: troubled translation?Raymond J Kelleher
Center for Human Genetic Research, Harvard Partners Center for Genetics and Genomics, Massachusetts General Hospital, Program in Neuroscience and Department of Neurology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell 135:401-6. 2008..We propose that aberrant synaptic protein synthesis may represent one possible pathway leading to autistic phenotypes, including cognitive impairment and savant abilities...
- The presenilin hypothesis of Alzheimer's disease: evidence for a loss-of-function pathogenic mechanismJie Shen
Center for Neurologic Diseases, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:403-9. 2007..We also speculate that Abeta42 may act primarily to antagonize PS-dependent functions, possibly by operating as an active site-directed inhibitor of gamma-secretase...
- Loss of presenilin function causes impairments of memory and synaptic plasticity followed by age-dependent neurodegenerationCarlos A Saura
Center for Neurologic Diseases, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Program in Neuroscience, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Neuron 42:23-36. 2004..These results define essential roles and molecular targets of presenilins in synaptic plasticity, learning and memory, and neuronal survival in the adult cerebral cortex...
- Indirect regulation of presenilins in CREB-mediated transcriptionHirotaka Watanabe
Center for Neurologic Diseases, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 284:13705-13. 2009....
- A presenilin-1 mutation identified in familial Alzheimer disease with cotton wool plaques causes a nearly complete loss of gamma-secretase activityElizabeth A Heilig
Center for Human Genetic Research and Department of Neurology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Biol Chem 285:22350-9. 2010..Rather, our findings provide support for the hypothesis that pathogenic mutations cause a general loss of presenilin function...
- Loss of leucine-rich repeat kinase 2 causes impairment of protein degradation pathways, accumulation of alpha-synuclein, and apoptotic cell death in aged miceYouren Tong
Center for Neurologic Diseases, Department of Neurology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Program in Neuroscience, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:9879-84. 2010....
- MAP Kinases ERK1/2 in Synaptic Plasticity in BrainRAYMOND KELLEHER; Fiscal Year: 2003..no abstract provided..