Affiliation: Harvard University
- Educational outcomes of the Harvard Medical School-Cambridge integrated clerkship: a way forward for medical educationDavid Hirsh
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts, USA
Acad Med 87:643-50. 2012..The authors compare the knowledge, skills, and attitudes of students completing the CIC with those of students completing traditional third-year clerkships...
- Better learning, better doctors, better delivery system: possibilities from a case study of longitudinal integrated clerkshipsDavid Hirsh
Harvard Medical School, MA, USA
Med Teach 34:548-54. 2012..By translating principles of the learning sciences into educational redesign efforts, LICs address the call to improve medical student learning and potential and advance the systems in which they will work as doctors...
- Learning through longitudinal patient care-narratives from the Harvard Medical School-Cambridge Integrated ClerkshipBarbara Ogur
Harvard Medical School Cambridge Integrated Clerkship, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Acad Med 84:844-50. 2009..The authors sought to identify ways in which learning through the longitudinal care of patients in an innovative longitudinal integrated clerkship contributes to the education of students in their principal clinical year...
- More is better: students describe successful and unsuccessful experiences with teachers differently in brief and longitudinal relationshipsKaren E Hauer
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0120, USA
Acad Med 87:1389-96. 2012..The authors compared students' successful and unsuccessful teaching experiences in brief and longitudinal relationships...
- Into the future: patient-centredness endures in longitudinal integrated clerkship graduatesElizabeth Gaufberg
Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA Cambridge Health Alliance, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Med Educ 48:572-82. 2014..This study was intended to determine if previously identified educational benefits of the Harvard Medical School (HMS) Cambridge Integrated Clerkship (CIC) endure over time...
- The role of role: learning in longitudinal integrated and traditional block clerkshipsKaren E Hauer
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Med Educ 46:698-710. 2012..Understanding the ways in which these two clerkship models influence students' roles and responsibilities can inform clinical learning programme design...
- Can changes in the principal clinical year prevent the erosion of students' patient-centered beliefs?Edward Krupat
Center for Evaluation, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Acad Med 84:582-6. 2009..The authors present data collected in the 2005-2006 academic year from a pilot program aimed at enhancing this experience, thereby enabling students to resist these negative influences...
- The Harvard Medical School-Cambridge integrated clerkship: an innovative model of clinical educationBarbara Ogur
Harvard Medical School Cambridge Integrated Clerkship, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, Cambridge 02139, USA
Acad Med 82:397-404. 2007....
- A tale of two cities: understanding the differences in medical professionalism between two Chinese cultural contextsMing Jung Ho
Dr Ho is assistant dean for international affairs and professor, Department of Social Medicine, National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan Dr Yu is a PhD student, Biomedical Informatics Training Program, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California Dr Pan is professor, Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, and vice director, Department of Education, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Beijing, China Ms Norris is a research assistant, National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan Ms Liang is a research assistant, National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan Ms Li is an MD candidate, Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China Dr Hirsh is associate professor Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, and Department of Medicine, Cambridge Health Alliance, Cambridge, Massachusetts
Acad Med 89:944-50. 2014..To compare stakeholders' constructs of medical professionalism in two Chinese cultural contexts...