Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Harvard University
- A prospective study of genetic polymorphism in MPO, antioxidant status, and breast cancer riskChunyan He
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 113:585-94. 2009..Further research is needed to confirm these possible associations...
- Genome-wide association studies identify loci associated with age at menarche and age at natural menopauseChunyan He
Program in Molecular and Genetic Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Genet 41:724-8. 2009..42 (in or near the gene BRSK1), 5q35.2 (in or near genes UIMC1 and HK3) and 6p24.2 (in the gene SYCP2L). These newly identified loci might expand understanding of the biological pathways regulating these two traits...
- Association of adiposity genetic variants with menarche timing in 92,105 women of European descentLindsay Fernández-Rhodes
Department of Epidemiology, Gillings School of Global Public Health, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 137 East Franklin Street, Suite 306, Campus Box 8050, Chapel Hill, NC 27514 8050, USA
Am J Epidemiol 178:451-60. 2013..These findings suggest complex genetic relationships between menarche and overall obesity, and to a lesser extent central obesity, in normal processes of growth and development. ..
- Tissue-specific Co-expression of Long Non-coding and Coding RNAs Associated with Breast CancerWenting Wu
Department of Epidemiology, Richard M Fairbanks School of Public Health, Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Sci Rep 6:32731. 2016..Our data suggested that lncRNAs might be involved in breast tumorigenesis through the modulation of gene expression in multiple pathologic pathways. ..
- Rare coding variants and X-linked loci associated with age at menarcheKathryn L Lunetta
1 Boston University School of Public Health, Department of Biostatistics, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA 2 NHLBI s and Boston University s Framingham Heart Study, Framingham, Massachusetts 01702 5827, USA
Nat Commun 6:7756. 2015..Collectively, these novel variants explain ∼0.5% variance, indicating that these overlooked sources of variation do not substantially explain the 'missing heritability' of this complex trait. ..
- Association studies of common variants in 10 hypogonadotropic hypogonadism genes with age at menarcheZofia K Z Gajdos
Program in Genomics and Division of Endocrinology, Children s Hospital, and Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:4290-8. 2008..Several genes have been identified that, when mutated, cause disorders of delayed or absent puberty such as hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (HH)...