Affiliation: Harvard University
- Youths' perceptions of overweight-related prevention counseling at a primary care visitElsie M Taveras
Obesity Prevention Program, Department of Ambulatory Care and Prevention, Harvard Medical School and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, 133 Brookline Avenue, Sixth Floor, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 15:831-6. 2007..We examined youths' report of receiving specific overweight-related preventive counseling and perceived readiness to adopt nutrition and physical activity behaviors recommended by their clinicians...
- Play Across Boston: a community initiative to reduce disparities in access to after-school physical activity programs for inner-city youthsCynthia Hannon
Harvard Prevention Research Center, Harvard School of Public Health, 677 Huntington Ave, 7th Floor, Boston, MA, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 3:A100. 2006..In 1999, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) funded Play Across Boston to address disparities in access to physical activity facilities and programs for Boston, Mass, inner-city youths...
- Playground renovations and quality at public parks in Boston,Massachusetts, 1996-2007Jessica L Barrett
Department of Society, Human Development, and Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Landmark Center, 401 Park Drive, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 8:A72. 2011....
- A toolkit to promote fidelity to health promotion interventions in afterschool programsJean L Wiecha
Department of Exercise and Health Sciences, University of Massachusetts Boston, Boston, MA 02125, USA
Health Promot Pract 14:370-9. 2013..The QI approach holds promise for public health efforts and for field research to evaluate promising interventions by helping ensure full implementation of health promotion strategies...
- Playground safety and access in Boston neighborhoodsAngie L Cradock
Department of Society, Human Development and Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Am J Prev Med 28:357-63. 2005..Youth physical activity is partly influenced by access to playgrounds and recreational opportunities. Playgrounds in disadvantaged areas may be less safe...