Stacy W Gray
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Marketing of personalized cancer care on the web: an analysis of Internet websitesStacy W Gray
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA SWG, AC, EB, VV Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA SWG, NL, KAJ Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA SWG, NL Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA VV Department of Pediatric Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA KAJ Division of Hematology Oncology, Boston Children s Hospital, Boston, MA KAJ
J Natl Cancer Inst 107:. 2015..001). Websites specifying somatic analysis were statistically significantly more likely to market one or more nonstandard tests as compared with standard tests (88% vs 44%, P = .04). ..
- Attitudes of patients with cancer about personalized medicine and somatic genetic testingStacy W Gray
Center for Population Sciences, Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 450 Brookline Ave, LW 633, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Oncol Pract 8:329-35, 2 p following 335. 2012..Dramatic advances in genomic technology stand to revolutionize cancer care; however, little is known about patients' understanding and acceptance of personalized medicine and widespread genetic testing (GT)...
- Colon cancer patient information seeking and the adoption of targeted therapy for on-label and off-label indicationsStacy W Gray
Center for Outcomes and Policy Research, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer 115:1424-34. 2009....
- The impact of risk information exposure on women's beliefs about direct-to-consumer genetic testing for BRCA mutationsS W Gray
Population Sciences, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Clin Genet 81:29-37. 2012..Exposing women to the potential risks of DTC BRCA testing altered their beliefs, preferences, and intentions. Risk messages appear to be salient to women irrespective of their chance of having a BRCA mutation...
- Risk information exposure and direct-to-consumer genetic testing for BRCA mutations among women with a personal or family history of breast or ovarian cancerStacy W Gray
Center for Outcomes and Policy Research, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 18:1303-11. 2009..Direct-to-consumer (DTC) BRCA testing may expand access to genetic testing and enhance cancer prevention efforts. It is not known, however, if current DTC websites provide adequate risk information for informed medical decision making...
- Class, race, ethnicity and information needs in post-treatment cancer patientsEzequiel M Galarce
Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, USA
Patient Educ Couns 85:432-9. 2011..The goal of this study was to develop a taxonomy of topics for which post-treatment cancer patients sought information, and to explore HISB patterns by sociodemographic factors and cancer type...
- Differences in information seeking among breast, prostate, and colorectal cancer patients: results from a population-based surveyRebekah H Nagler
Center for Community Based Research, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Patient Educ Couns 81:S54-62. 2010..Yet little is known about whether patients with different types of cancer vary in their information needs and seeking behaviors. This study used population-based data to address this question...
- Oncologists' and cancer patients' views on whole-exome sequencing and incidental findings: results from the CanSeq studyStacy W Gray
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Genet Med 18:1011-9. 2016..Although targeted sequencing improves outcomes for many cancer patients, it remains uncertain how somatic and germ-line whole-exome sequencing (WES) will integrate into care...
- Combined use of ALK immunohistochemistry and FISH for optimal detection of ALK-rearranged lung adenocarcinomasLynette M Sholl
Department of Pathology Brigham and Women s Hospital, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Thorac Oncol 8:322-8. 2013..Immunohistochemistry (IHC) for ALK protein overexpression is a promising screening modality, with reports of newer antibodies showing excellent sensitivity and specificity for ALK-rearranged lung ACA...
- Carboplatin and paclitaxel with vs without bevacizumab in older patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancerJunya Zhu
Center for Patient Safety, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 450 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215, USA
JAMA 307:1593-601. 2012..However, longer survival was not observed in the subgroup of patients aged 65 years or older...
- Variations in surgeon treatment recommendations for lobectomy in early-stage non-small-cell lung cancer by patient age and comorbiditySelwyn O Rogers
Department of Surgery and Center for Surgery and Public Health, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 17:1581-8. 2010..We surveyed surgeons to understand how their recommendations for lobectomy were influenced by age, the presence and severity of smoking-related lung disease, or by characteristics of the surgeons and their practices...