Affiliation: Harvard University
- Effective low-dose escalation of indocyanine green for near-infrared fluorescent sentinel lymph node mapping in melanomaDenis M Gilmore
Department of Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 20:2357-63. 2013..Near-infrared imaging (NIR) may utilize indocyanine green (ICG) to improve SLN identification. The safety, feasibility and optimal dose of albumin-bound ICG (ICG:HSA) was assessed by NIR to improve SLN mapping in patients with melanoma...
- Cytoreductive surgery and intraoperative administration of paclitaxel-loaded expansile nanoparticles delay tumor recurrence in ovarian carcinomaDenis Gilmore
Division of Thoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 20:1684-93. 2013..We hypothesize that local administration of paclitaxel-loaded expansile nanoparticles (pax-eNP) at the time of cytoreductive surgery decreases local tumor recurrence...
- Recurrent chylous pericardial effusion and left neck massDenis Gilmore
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 60:e25-7. 2012..These anomalies cannot be cured and significantly impact quality of life. Multidisciplinary involvement is crucial to maximize symptom relief as surgery to remove lymphatics can be morbid and the disease is usually recurrent...
- Nanoparticle tumor localization, disruption of autophagosomal trafficking, and prolonged drug delivery improve survival in peritoneal mesotheliomaRong Liu
Department of Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Biomaterials 102:175-86. 2016..As a result, overall survival of animals with established mesothelioma more than doubled when animals were treated with multiple doses of PTX-eNPs compared to equivalent dosing with PTX or non-responsive PTX-loaded nanoparticles. ..
- Tumor targeted nanoparticles: a modern day Trojan horseDenis Gilmore
Division of Thoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 23:10-1. 2011..Several recent timely reports summarize nanoparticle properties and potential clinical applications in early-stage clinical trials...