B J Giantonio
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Phase I and pharmacokinetic study of the cytotoxic ether lipid ilmofosine administered by weekly two-hour infusion in patients with advanced solid tumorsBruce J Giantonio
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:1282-8. 2004....
- A phase II study of high-dose bevacizumab in combination with irinotecan, 5-fluorouracil, leucovorin, as initial therapy for advanced colorectal cancer: results from the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group study E2200B J Giantonio
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Ann Oncol 17:1399-403. 2006..Following a toxicity review of other trials using IFL, subsequent patients were enrolled at reduced doses of irinotecan (100 mg/m(2)) and 5-fluorouracil (400 mg/m(2))...
- The role of the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group in establishing standards of cancer care: over 50 years of progress through clinical researchBruce J Giantonio
Department of Medicine, The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19103, USA
Semin Oncol 35:494-506. 2008....
- Bevacizumab in combination with oxaliplatin, fluorouracil, and leucovorin (FOLFOX4) for previously treated metastatic colorectal cancer: results from the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group Study E3200Bruce J Giantonio
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:1539-44. 2007..This study was conducted to determine the effect of bevacizumab (at 10 mg/kg) on survival duration for oxaliplatin-based chemotherapy in patients with previously treated metastatic colorectal cancer...
- Survival following resection of pancreatic cancers may not be affected by length of hospital stay or delay to initiating adjuvant chemoradiation (CRT)A Morgans
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
J Clin Oncol 26:4639. 2008..4639 Background: Following resection pancreatic cancer, patients (pts) may benefit from adjuvant CRT. However, postoperative morbidity can extend hospital stay and delay adjuvant CRT, and the effect of such delays on outcomes is unknown...
- Outcomes with postoperative chemoradiation (CRT) in patients (pts) with gross residual disease (R2) following surgical resection of pancreatic adenocarcinoma (PA)D Moghanaki
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA Philadelphia Veterans Affairs Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
J Clin Oncol 26:15628. 2008..Prognosis for these patients is known to be poor, and our experience with postoperative CRT in these pts is reported...
- Survival following partial pancreatectomy and radiation for ampullary adenocarcinomaJ C Haynes
Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
J Clin Oncol 26:15614. 2008..Very few series of AA treated with postoperative CRT have been reported. This retrospective study reports the outcomes of adjuvant chemotherapy and radiation therapy from a single institution...
- Effect of time interval between surgery and preoperative chemoradiotherapy with 5-fluorouracil or 5-fluorouracil and oxaliplatin on outcomes in rectal cancerC M Dolinsky
Department of Radiation Oncology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Surg Oncol 96:207-12. 2007..Preoperative chemoradiotherapy for locally advanced rectal cancer is now considered "standard of care." However, the optimal time interval for resection after neoadjuvant therapy is unknown...
- A phase II trial of gemcitabine, irinotecan and panitumumab in advanced cholangiocarcinomaD P S Sohal
Abramson Cancer Center, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
Ann Oncol 24:3061-5. 2013..This trial was designed to evaluate the tolerability and efficacy of the combination of panitumumab, a monoclonal anti-EGFR antibody, with gemcitabine and irinotecan...
- Superantigen-targeted therapy: phase I escalating repeat dose trial of the fusion protein PNU-214565 in patients with advanced gastrointestinal malignanciesR K Alpaugh
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Clin Cancer Res 4:1903-14. 1998..This pharmacodynamically based dosing scheme will be tested in future repeated-dose clinical trials and will define maximally tolerated doses of this powerful new immunotherapy approach...
- Number and percentage of pathologically involved lymph nodes (pLN) in patients (pts) with pancreatic adenocarcinoma (PA) predicts for overall survival (OS) in pts treated with postoperative adjuvant chemoradiotherapy (CRT)P Salmon
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
J Clin Oncol 26:15509. 2008..We hypothesize the degree of locoregional metastatic pLN burden may better predict outcome to adjuvant CRT following resection...
- Phase II/pharmacodynamic trial of PD0332991 in patients with breast, colon, germ cell, and epithelial tumors containing amplification of CCND1R F Perini
Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA Abramson Cancer Center, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA University of Pennsylvania Abramson Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA Abramson Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA Pfizer Oncology, San Diego, CA Department of Cancer Research, Pfizer Global Research and Development, La Jolla, CA Pfizer Oncology, La Jolla, CA University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
J Clin Oncol 29:3088. 2011....
- Toxicity and response evaluation of the interferon inducer poly ICLC administered at low dose in advanced renal carcinoma and relapsed or refractory lymphoma: a report of two clinical trials of the Eastern Cooperative Oncology GroupB J Giantonio
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
Invest New Drugs 19:89-92. 2001..Any grade fever occurred in 10 patients (25.6%) and any grade chills occurred in 9 patients (23.1%). CONCLUSION: Poly ICLC at this dose and schedule is well tolerated in both patient populations and is inactive in renal carcinoma...
- Bevacizumab and oxaliplatin-based chemotherapy in metastatic colorectal cancerGregory L Beatty
Hospital of University of Pennsylvania, Division of Hematology Oncology, 16 Penn Tower, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 8:683-8. 2008..Future research will need to focus on the mechanisms whereby bevacizumab enhances the benefit of chemotherapy to identify predictive markers that better define which patient populations will benefit the most from treatment...
- Bevacizumab in the treatment of metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC) in second- and third-line settingsBruce J Giantonio
Abramson Cancer Center of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Semin Oncol 33:S15-8. 2006....
- Phase I trial of the antifolate ZD9331 in combination with cisplatin in patients with refractory solid malignanciesJoshua H Bilenker
Abramson Family Cancer Center, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 53:357-60. 2004..To determine the maximum tolerated dose and dose-limiting toxicities (DLTs) of ZD9331 in combination with cisplatin in patients with refractory solid tumors and to describe any preliminary antitumor activity associated with this regimen...
- Vinblastine and estramustine phosphate in metastatic renal cell carcinoma: a phase II trial of the Fox Chase NetworkNaomi B Haas
Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Cancer 98:1837-41. 2003..Estramustine has been shown to potentiate the antimicrotubule effects of vinblastine. The authors sought to increase the activity of vinblastine in RCC through the addition of estramustine...
- Gastrointestinal perforation and cancer therapy: managing risk to achieve benefitBruce J Giantonio
Onkologie 28:177-8. 2005