Om P Ganda
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Current Consensus and Controversies in Guidelines for Lipid and Hypertension Management in DiabetesOm P Ganda
Adult Diabetes and Clinical Research, Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard Medical School, 1 Joslin Place, Boston, MA, 02215, USA
Curr Cardiol Rep 18:114. 2016..Until we have these data, perhaps it is time to shift our focus from a rigid blood pressure target to risk-based goals...
- Antihyperglycemic drugs and cardiovascular outcomes in type 2 diabetesOm P Ganda
Clinical Research and Adult Diabetes Sections, Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA E mail
Cleve Clin J Med 83:S11-7. 2016..The CV benefits of one sodium-glucose cotransporter-2 inhibitor reported in an RCT await confirmation in ongoing trials. ..
- Quantification of concordance and discordance between apolipoprotein-B and the currently recommended non-HDL-cholesterol goals for cardiovascular risk assessment in patients with diabetes and hypertriglyceridemiaO P Ganda
Sections of Adult Medicine, Clinical Research, and Bioinformatics at Joslin Diabetes Center, and Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Medical Center, and Harvard Medical School, 1, Joslin Place, Rm 242, Boston, MA 02215, United States
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 97:51-6. 2012..We assessed the discordance between non-HDL-C and Apo-B targets in patients with diabetes with TG 200-499 mg/dl...
- The role of bile acid sequestrants in the management of type 2 diabetes mellitusOm P Ganda
Lipid Clinic, Joslin Diabetes Center and Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Metab Syndr Relat Disord 8:S15-21. 2010..Colesevelam HCl is the only drug approved for this dual indication and is an adjunct in the treatment of both hyperglycemia and hypercholesterolemia that frequently co-exist in adults with T2DM...
- Salt sensitivity, insulin resistance, and public health in IndiaOm P Ganda
Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Endocr Pract 16:940-4. 2010..To provide a current overview of the worldwide prevalence and pattern of cardiovascular disease and discuss the role of sodium intake and salt sensitivity, with a focus on the Asian Indian population...
- Refining lipoprotein assessment in diabetes: apolipoprotein B makes senseOm P Ganda
Section of Adult Medicine, Joslin Diabetes Center, Beth Israel Medical Center, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Endocr Pract 15:370-6. 2009..To summarize the data that support the measurement of apolipoprotein B as an accurate reflection of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) particle number and an easily adapted parameter in clinical practice...
- The role of lipid management in diabetesOm P Ganda
Joslin Diabetes Center, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, One Joslin Place, 242, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cardiol Clin 23:153-64, vi. 2005..This article discusses the role of lipid management in diabetes...
- Look who's (not) talking: diabetic patients' willingness to discuss self-care with physiciansElizabeth A Beverly
Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston, MA, USA
Diabetes Care 35:1466-72. 2012..Effective physician-patient communication improves glycemia and diabetes self-care; however, communication gaps may exist that prevent patients from discussing self-care problems with treatment providers...
- Do older adults aged 60-75 years benefit from diabetes behavioral interventions?Elizabeth A Beverly
Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Diabetes Care 36:1501-6. 2013..Seventy-one community-dwelling older adults and 151 younger adults were randomized to attend a structured behavioral group, an attention control group, or one-to-one education...
- Impact of reinforcement of diabetes self-care on poorly controlled diabetes: a randomized controlled trialElizabeth A Beverly
Behavioral Health and Outcomes Research, Joslin Diabetes Center, One Joslin Place, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Diabetes Educ 39:504-14. 2013..The purpose of the study was to assess the value of reinforcing diabetes self-management for improving glycemia and self-care among adults with type 2 diabetes who had at least 3 hours of prior diabetes education...
- The effect of a structured behavioral intervention on poorly controlled diabetes: a randomized controlled trialKatie Weinger
Behavioral Health and Outcomes Research, Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Arch Intern Med 171:1990-9. 2011..The best methods to support patients as they follow diabetes prescriptions and recommendations are unclear...
- Ask the doctor. I have been taking niacin for several years, and it has helped keep my good and bad cholesterol in their healthy ranges. Now I have been diagnosed with diabetes, and my doctor forbids me from taking niacin any more. What's the reasoning beOm P Ganda
Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Harv Heart Lett 16:8. 2006
- Insulin resistance syndrome: implications for the Asian American populationOm P Ganda
Endocr Pract 9:31-4. 2003
- American College of Endocrinology position statement on the insulin resistance syndromeDaniel Einhorn
American College of Endocrinology
Endocr Pract 9:237-52. 2003
- Efficacy, safety, and tolerability of once-daily niacin for the treatment of dyslipidemia associated with type 2 diabetes: results of the assessment of diabetes control and evaluation of the efficacy of niaspan trialScott M Grundy
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Room Y3206, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390 9052
Arch Intern Med 162:1568-76. 2002..We evaluated the efficacy and safety of once-daily extended-release (ER) niacin in patients with diabetic dyslipidemia...