D N Fisman
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Once-daily dosing of aminoglycoside antibioticsD N Fisman
Harvard Center for Risk Analysis, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Infect Dis Clin North Am 14:475-87. 2000..Further data are needed to clarify the role of once-daily dosing in these situations...
- Hemophagocytic syndromes and infectionD N Fisman
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 6:601-8. 2000..EBV-associated HLH may mimic T-cell lymphoma and is treated with cytotoxic chemotherapy, while hemophagocytic syndromes associated with nonviral pathogens often respond to treatment of the underlying infection...
- Intravenous immunoglobulin, blood viscosity and myocardial infarctionD N Fisman
Department of Medicine, Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal, Quebec
Can J Cardiol 13:775-7. 1997..Basic research demonstrating that IVIg administration may increase blood viscosity suggests that such an association is plausible...
- Clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of 2 management strategies for infected total hip arthroplasty in the elderlyD N Fisman
Division of Infectious Diseases, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, and Harvard Center for Risk Analysis, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
Clin Infect Dis 32:419-30. 2001..In the absence of prospective clinical trials, debridement and retention is a reasonable strategy for treatment of older persons with staphylococcal or streptococcal infection and a nonloosened prosthesis...
- The estimated economic burden of genital herpes in the United States. An analysis using two costing approachesT D Szucs
Division of Infectious Diseases, Children s Hospital, Boston, USA
BMC Infect Dis 1:5. 2001..Only limited data exist on the costs of genital herpes (GH) in the USA. We estimated the economic burden of GH in the USA using two different costing approaches...