G D Demetri
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Phase II study of olaparib in patients with refractory Ewing sarcoma following failure of standard chemotherapyEdwin Choy
Division of Hematology Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
BMC Cancer 14:813. 2014..This study aimed to translate that observation into a clinical trial to assess the efficacy and tolerability of olaparib, a PARP inhibitor, in patients with advanced Ewing sarcoma (EWS) progressing after prior chemotherapy...
- Effect of gastrointestinal resection on sunitinib exposure in patients with GISTDjoeke de Wit
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Radboud University Medical Center, Route 864, Postbus 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
BMC Cancer 14:575. 2014..We investigated whether major gastrectomy influences the exposure to sunitinib and its active metabolite SU12662...
- Quality-of-life benefit in chemotherapy patients treated with epoetin alfa is independent of disease response or tumor type: results from a prospective community oncology study. Procrit Study GroupG D Demetri
Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 16:3412-25. 1998..To evaluate prospectively the effectiveness of epoetin alfa as an adjunct to chemotherapy in patients with cancer based on changes in quality-of-life parameters and hemoglobin levels, and to correlate these changes with antitumor response...
- Anaemia and its functional consequences in cancer patients: current challenges in management and prospects for improving therapyG D Demetri
Center for Sarcoma and Bone Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Br J Cancer 84:31-7. 2001..With this new option for therapy, further avenues of investigation should lead to renewed interest in the clinical benefits of optimal haemoglobin levels for patients with cancer...
- Hypertension as a potential biomarker of efficacy in patients with gastrointestinal stromal tumor treated with sunitinibS George
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Ann Oncol 23:3180-7. 2012..Hypertension (HTN), an on-target class effect of vascular endothelial growth factor signaling-pathway inhibitors, has been shown to correlate with clinical outcome in advanced renal cell carcinoma treated with sunitinib...
- Targeted approaches for the treatment of thrombocytopeniaG D Demetri
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115 6084, USA
Oncologist 6:15-23. 2001..As a potent stimulator of platelet production, rHuTPO has the potential to reduce the need for platelet transfusions and their attendant complications...