G D Demetri
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Efficacy and Safety of Trabectedin or Dacarbazine for Metastatic Liposarcoma or Leiomyosarcoma After Failure of Conventional Chemotherapy: Results of a Phase III Randomized Multicenter Clinical TrialGeorge D Demetri
George D Demetri, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Ludwig Center at Harvard, Boston, MA Margaret von Mehren, Fox Chase Cancer Center Arthur Staddon, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia Hussein Tawbi, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA Robin L Jones, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, Seattle, WA Martee L Hensley, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Robert G Maki, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY Scott M Schuetze, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI Mohammed Milhem, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA Anthony Elias, University of Colorado Cancer Center, Aurora, CO Kristen Ganjoo, Stanford Hospital and Clinics, Stanford, CA Brian A Van Tine, Washington University in St Louis, St Louis, MO Alexander Spira, Virginia Cancer Specialists, Fairfax, VA Andrew Dean, St John of God Hospital Bendat Cancer Centre, Subiaco, Western Australia, Australia Nushmia Z Khokhar, Youn Choi Park,
J Clin Oncol 34:786-93. 2016....
- Phase II study of olaparib in patients with refractory Ewing sarcoma following failure of standard chemotherapyEdwin Choy
Division of Hematology Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
BMC Cancer 14:813. 2014..This study aimed to translate that observation into a clinical trial to assess the efficacy and tolerability of olaparib, a PARP inhibitor, in patients with advanced Ewing sarcoma (EWS) progressing after prior chemotherapy...
- Effect of gastrointestinal resection on sunitinib exposure in patients with GISTDjoeke de Wit
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Radboud University Medical Center, Route 864, Postbus 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
BMC Cancer 14:575. 2014..We investigated whether major gastrectomy influences the exposure to sunitinib and its active metabolite SU12662...
- Quality-of-life benefit in chemotherapy patients treated with epoetin alfa is independent of disease response or tumor type: results from a prospective community oncology study. Procrit Study GroupG D Demetri
Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 16:3412-25. 1998..To evaluate prospectively the effectiveness of epoetin alfa as an adjunct to chemotherapy in patients with cancer based on changes in quality-of-life parameters and hemoglobin levels, and to correlate these changes with antitumor response...
- Continuous daily dosing (CDD) of sunitinib (SU) in patients with metastatic soft tissue sarcomas (STS) other than GIST: Results of a phase II trialM L Keohan
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
J Clin Oncol 26:10533. 2008..SU demonstrated early evidence of activity in sarcomas other than GIST during phase I testing. The current phase II study was designed to examine the clinical activity of CDD of SU in pts with advanced STS other than GIST...
- Hypertension (HTN) as a potential biomarker of efficacy in patients (pts) with gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST) treated with sunitinib (SU)S George
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA Pfizer Oncology, New York, NY Pfizer Oncology, Shanghai, China Pfizer Oncology, La Jolla, CA
J Clin Oncol 29:38. 2011..Associations between SU-induced HTN and efficacy endpoints (OS, PFS, TTP, and ORR) in pts with imatinib-resistant/intolerant GIST from 2 prospective clinical trials were investigated retrospectively...
- Inhibition of heat shock protein 90 (Hsp90) with the novel agent IPI-504 in metastatic GIST following failure of tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKIs) or other sarcomas: Clinical results from phase I trialA J Wagner
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI Premiere Oncology, Santa Monica, CA Premiere Oncology, Scottsdale, AZ Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Cambridge, MA
J Clin Oncol 26:10503. 2008..To test this clinically, we conducted a phase I trial of IPI-504, a water-soluble Hsp90 inhibitor, for patients (pts) with metastatic, TKI-resistant GIST or metastatic STS...
- Early metabolic response to continuous daily dosing of sunitinib in soft tissue sarcomas (STS) other than GIST using FDG- PETA D Van Den Abbeele
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
J Clin Oncol 26:10529. 2008..We report the metabolic FDG-PET response of STS patients to sunitinib dosed at 37.5 mg/day in continuous 4-week cycles in a two-center phase II trial...
- Anaemia and its functional consequences in cancer patients: current challenges in management and prospects for improving therapyG D Demetri
Center for Sarcoma and Bone Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Br J Cancer 84:31-7. 2001..With this new option for therapy, further avenues of investigation should lead to renewed interest in the clinical benefits of optimal haemoglobin levels for patients with cancer...
- Assessment of regorafenib activity with FDG-PET/CT in a multicenter phase II study in patients (pts) with advanced gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST) following failure of standard therapy (Rx)A D Van Den Abbeele
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA Portland VA Medical Center and Oregon Health and Science University Knight Cancer Institute, Portland, OR Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA University of California, Los Angeles, Santa Monica, CA
J Clin Oncol 29:10050. 2011..This study evaluated FDG-PET/CT in a phase II trial of pts following failure of IM and SU who received regorafenib, a novel oral kinase inhibitor...
- High rates of histopathologic discordance in sarcoma with implications for clinical careC P Raut
Division of Surgical Oncology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA Brigham and Women s Hospital Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA Department of Orthopedics, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA
J Clin Oncol 29:10065. 2011..We evaluated the rate of discordance between HP diagnoses rendered by the referring institution and our institution and the impact on treatment...
- Soft tissue sarcoma (STS): Challenges in identification, treatment patterns, and costs of disease management in the U.SJ E Butrynski
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA Analysis Group, Boston, MA GlaxoSmithKline, Collegeville, PA
J Clin Oncol 26:10573. 2008..To understand current practice patterns, we have chosen to identify STS patients (pts) from claims data, and examine their real-world treatment patterns and associated medical costs...
- An open-label phase II study of the Hsp90 inhibitor ganetespib (STA-9090) in patients (pts) with metastatic and/or unresectable GISTG D Demetri
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA Portland VA Medical Center and Oregon Health and Science University Knight Cancer Institute, Portland, OR University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA Synta Pharmaceuticals, Lexington, MA Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA University of California, Los Angeles, Santa Monica, CA Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA
J Clin Oncol 29:10011. 2011..Preclinical studies have shown that human GIST cells with primary or secondary TKI-resistance mutations are highly sensitive to ganetespib, justifying this phase 2 trial in GIST...
- Long-term results of a randomized phase II study of trabectedin by two different dose and schedule regimens in patients with advanced liposarcoma or leiomyosarcoma after failure of prior anthracyclines and ifosfamideG D Demetri
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI Centre Léon Bérard, Lyon, France Sarcoma Oncology Center of Santa Monica, Santa Monica, CA Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milan, Italy Tom Baker Cancer Centre, Calgary, AB, Canada Johnson and Johnson, New Brunswick, NJ PharmaMar, Madrid, Spain Institut Gustave Roussy, Paris, France
J Clin Oncol 27:10509. 2009..v. infusion every week for 3 weeks of a 4-week cycle (qwk 3-h)] in adult patients (pts) with unresectable and/or metastatic liposarcoma or leiomyosarcoma following failure of at least prior anthracycline and ifosfamide chemotherapy...
- Preliminary results from a phase II study of ARQ 197 in patients with microphthalmia transcription factor family (MiT)-associated tumorsJ Goldberg
University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA Premiere Oncology, Santa Monica, CA Texas Children s Cancer Center, Houston, TX University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH ArQule, Inc, Woburn, MA
J Clin Oncol 27:10502. 2009..Tumors with this type of chromosomal abnormality are generally resistant to all approved therapies and, in the absence of complete surgical resection, prove invariably fatal...
- Real world treatment patterns of gastrointestinal stromal tumor patientsJ A Morgan
Dana Faber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, East Hanover, NJ Analysis Group, Inc, Boston, MA
J Clin Oncol 27:e15602. 2009..The aim of this study was to analyze the real-world long term treatment patterns of GIST patients...
- A phase I, dose escalation (DE), pharmacokinetic (PK), and pharmacodynamic (PD) study of two schedules of OSI-930, an oral tyrosine kinase inhibitor (TKI), in patients (pts) with advanced solid tumorsR Lal
Royal Marsden Hospital, Sutton, United Kingdom University of Colorado Cancer Center, Denver, CO Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA OSI Pharmaceuticals, Boulder, CO OSI Pharmaceuticals, Oxford, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 26:3553. 2008..3553 Background: OSI-930 is a potent TKI with nanomolar activity against Kit, KDR and PDGFR. Regression and long-term remissions were seen in a broad range of xenograft models...
- Phase II intergroup study of sorafenib (S) in advanced soft tissue sarcomas (STS): SWOG 0505C W Ryan
Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA Southwest Oncology Group Statistical Center, Seattle, WA Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA Tom Baker Cancer Center, Calgary, AB, Canada
J Clin Oncol 26:10532. 2008..Prognosis for high grade liposarcomas (LPS) and leiomyosarcomas (LMS) has been correlated with levels of serum VEGF. We therefore studied S in patients (pts) with advanced VS, LPS and LMS...
- Detailed analysis of survival and safety with sunitinib (SU) in a worldwide treatment-use trial of patients with advanced GISTP Reichardt
HELIOS Klinikum Bad Saarow, Bad Saarow, Germany Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Republic of Korea Maria Sklodowska Curie Memorial Cancer Center, Warsaw, Poland University College Hospital NHS Trust, London, United Kingdom Pfizer Inc, New York, NY Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA
J Clin Oncol 26:10548. 2008..The objectives of this study are to grant access to SU to GIST pts who are otherwise unable to obtain SU, and to obtain broad safety and efficacy data from a large GIST population...
- Hypertension as a potential biomarker of efficacy in patients with gastrointestinal stromal tumor treated with sunitinibS George
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Ann Oncol 23:3180-7. 2012..Hypertension (HTN), an on-target class effect of vascular endothelial growth factor signaling-pathway inhibitors, has been shown to correlate with clinical outcome in advanced renal cell carcinoma treated with sunitinib...
- Targeted approaches for the treatment of thrombocytopeniaG D Demetri
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115 6084, USA
Oncologist 6:15-23. 2001..As a potent stimulator of platelet production, rHuTPO has the potential to reduce the need for platelet transfusions and their attendant complications...