Affiliation: Harvard University
- Developing and testing adaptive treatment strategies using substance-induced psychosis as an exampleRee Dawson
Frontier Science and Technology Research Foundation, Boston, MA, USA
Psychopharmacol Bull 41:51-67. 2008..The intent is to explore the strengths and limitations of the methodological approach through a meaningful clinical example, with an emphasis on concepts and issues. Both methodology and clinical science are overviewed...
- Using inverse weighting and predictive inference to estimate the effects of time-varying treatments on the discrete-time hazardRee Dawson
Frontier Science and Technology Research Foundation, 1244 Boylston St, Suite 303, Chestnut Hill MA 02467, USA
Stat Med 21:1641-61; discussion 1663-87. 2002..We use predictive inference to account for the correlation of the potential hazards, when comparing outcomes under different durations of initial treatment...
- Efficient design and inference for multistage randomized trials of individualized treatment policiesRee Dawson
Frontier Science Technology and Research Foundation, 900 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Biostatistics 13:142-52. 2012....
- Sample size calculations for evaluating treatment policies in multi-stage designsRee Dawson
Frontier Science and Technology Research Foundation, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Clin Trials 7:643-52. 2010..The determination of SMAR sample sizes is challenging because of the sequential and adaptive nature of ATS, and the multi-stage randomized assignment used to evaluate them...
- Adaptive strategies for treating childhood maniaRee Dawson
Frontier Science Technology and Research Foundation, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Biol Psychiatry 61:758-64. 2007..Our exposition is developed in the specific clinical context of childhood mania to maximize accessibility of the ideas but applies more generally to other chronic mental and physical health disorders that are difficult to treat...
- Sequential causal inference: application to randomized trials of adaptive treatment strategiesRee Dawson
Frontier Science and Technology Research Foundation, Boston, MA 02215, U S A
Stat Med 27:1626-45. 2008..We show that the conditions under which the sequential method is attractive relative to the other two approaches are those most likely to occur in real studies...
- Alcohol and cannabis use in schizophrenia: effects of clozapine vs. risperidoneAlan I Green
Commonwealth Research Center, Boston, MA, USA
Schizophr Res 60:81-5. 2003....
- Placebo-free designs for evaluating new mental health treatments: the use of adaptive treatment strategiesRee Dawson
Frontier Science and Technology Research Foundation, 900 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Stat Med 23:3249-62. 2004..g. an accepted standard) to an alternative (e.g. the new) treatment, to fixed trials of either treatment option. We state the conditions under which the adaptive treatment RCT is attractive to implement and the requirements for doing so...
- Design and inference for the intent-to-treat principle using adaptive treatmentRee Dawson
Frontier Science Technology and Research Foundation, Boston, MA, U S A
Stat Med 34:1441-53. 2015..The results emphasize the importance of collecting covariate data for use in design and analysis. We consider the generality of our approach beyond the setting of psychiatric research. Copyright © 2015 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. ..
- Antipsychotic medication, prolactin elevation, and ovarian function in women with schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorderCarla M Canuso
Commonwealth Research Center, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Psychiatry Res 111:11-20. 2002....
- Dynamic treatment regimes: practical design considerationsPhilip W Lavori
Department of Veterans Affairs Cooperative Studies Program, VA Palo Alto Health Care System 151 K, 795 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
Clin Trials 1:9-20. 2004..In longitudinal observational studies, sequential ignorability must be assumed, while randomization of dynamic regimes can guarantee it...
- Adaptive treatment strategies in chronic diseasePhilip W Lavori
Department of Health Research and Policy, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5405, USA
Annu Rev Med 59:443-53. 2008..Designers of clinical trials might find the ATS concept useful in improving the efficiency and ecological relevance of clinical trials...
- Clozapine reduces alcohol drinking in Syrian golden hamstersAlan I Green
Commonwealth Research Center, Massachusetts Mental Health Center, 74 Fenwood Road, Boston 02115, USA
Psychiatry Res 128:9-20. 2004..These data further suggest that clozapine may serve as a prototype for developing novel treatments for alcohol abuse...
- Improving the efficiency of estimation in randomized trials of adaptive treatment strategiesPhilip W Lavori
Department of Health Research and Policy, Stanford University School of Medicine, Mail Code 5405, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Clin Trials 4:297-308. 2007..Robins' G-computation can be used for estimation of the mean outcome of an ATS from a ;sequential multiple assignment randomized (SMAR)' trial...