Genomes and Genes
Isaac M Chiu
Affiliation: Harvard University
- T lymphocytes potentiate endogenous neuroprotective inflammation in a mouse model of ALSIsaac M Chiu
Department of Pathology, Immune Disease Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:17913-8. 2008..These results indicate that T cells play an endogenous neuroprotective role in ALS by modulating a beneficial inflammatory response to neuronal injury...
- Activation of innate and humoral immunity in the peripheral nervous system of ALS transgenic miceIsaac M Chiu
Program in Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Immune Disease Institute, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:20960-5. 2009..These data reveal a progressive innate and humoral immune response in peripheral nerves that is separate and distinct from spinal cord immune activation in ALS transgenic mice...
- A neurodegeneration-specific gene-expression signature of acutely isolated microglia from an amyotrophic lateral sclerosis mouse modelIsaac M Chiu
Boston Children s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell Rep 4:385-401. 2013..These results provide insights into microglia biology and establish a resource for future studies of neuroinflammation. ..
- Bacteria activate sensory neurons that modulate pain and inflammationIsaac M Chiu
Kirby Neurobiology Center, Boston Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 501:52-7. 2013..Thus, bacterial pathogens produce pain by directly activating sensory neurons that modulate inflammation, an unsuspected role for the nervous system in host-pathogen interactions. ..
- Neurogenic inflammation and the peripheral nervous system in host defense and immunopathologyIsaac M Chiu
FM Kirby Neurobiology Center, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Neurosci 15:1063-7. 2012..Therefore, understanding the coordinated interaction of peripheral neurons with immune cells may advance therapeutic approaches to increase host defense and suppress immunopathology...