Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Entry is a rate-limiting step for viral infection in a Drosophila melanogaster model of pathogenesisSara Cherry
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, 200 Longwood Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nat Immunol 5:81-7. 2004..Thus, this virus model provides a sensitive and efficient approach for identifying components required for pathogenesis...
- Genome-wide RNAi screen reveals a specific sensitivity of IRES-containing RNA viruses to host translation inhibitionSara Cherry
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School and Howard Hughes Medical Instutite, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Genes Dev 19:445-52. 2005..Finally, this increased sensitivity to ribosome levels also holds true for poliovirus infection of human cells, demonstrating the generality of these findings...
- Temperature-sensitive control of protein activity by conditionally splicing inteinsMartin P Zeidler
Department of Genetics, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Harvard Medical School, 77 Avenue Louis Pasteur, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nat Biotechnol 22:871-6. 2004....
- COPI activity coupled with fatty acid biosynthesis is required for viral replicationSara Cherry
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 2:e102. 2006..Additionally, because these pathways are also limiting in flies and in human cells infected with the related RNA virus poliovirus, they may represent novel targets for antiviral therapies...
- Host-pathogen interactions in drosophila: new tricks from an old friendSara Cherry
Department of Microbiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Nat Immunol 7:911-7. 2006..This review discusses advances in these exciting new areas of drosophila immunity...
- Genomic RNAi screening in Drosophila S2 cells: what have we learned about host-pathogen interactions?Sara Cherry
Department of Microbiology, Penn Genomics Frontiers Institute, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, United States
Curr Opin Microbiol 11:262-70. 2008..This review will highlight the application of RNAi screening to pathogen-host interactions in Drosophila cells and will reveal some of the lessons learned from this approach...