Nicolas R Bolo
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Brain activation during working memory is altered in patients with type 1 diabetes during hypoglycemiaNicolas R Bolo
Brain Imaging Center, McLean Hospital, Belmont, Massachusetts, USA
Diabetes 60:3256-64. 2011..To investigate the effects of acute hypoglycemia on working memory and brain function in patients with type 1 diabetes...
- Functional Connectivity of Insula, Basal Ganglia, and Prefrontal Executive Control Networks during Hypoglycemia in Type 1 DiabetesNicolas R Bolo
Brain Imaging Center, McLean Hospital, Belmont, Massachusetts 02478, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
J Neurosci 35:11012-23. 2015..Functional connectivity changes in the insula and prefrontal cognitive networks could also reflect an adaptation to changes in brain metabolic pathways associated with chronic hyperglycemia...
- Regional brain activation during hypoglycemia in type 1 diabetesGail Musen
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, 1 Joslin Place Room 350, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:1450-7. 2008..Mechanisms underlying the brain response to hypoglycemia are not well understood...
- Triacetyluridine (TAU) decreases depressive symptoms and increases brain pH in bipolar patientsJ Eric Jensen
Brain Imaging Center, McLean Hospital, Belmont, Massachusetts 02478 9106, USA
Exp Clin Psychopharmacol 16:199-206. 2008..These results suggest that TAU treatment may decrease symptoms of depression and improve mitochondrial functioning...
- Resting-state brain functional connectivity is altered in type 2 diabetesGail Musen
Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Diabetes 61:2375-9. 2012..T2DM patients showed reduced functional connectivity in the DMN compared with control subjects, which was associated with insulin resistance in selected brain regions, but there were no group effects of brain structure or cognition...