Sharon L Bober
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Sexual function in childhood cancer survivors: a report from Project REACHSharon L Bober
David B Perini Quality of Life Clinic, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Sex Med 10:2084-93. 2013..Although it has been well established that cancer treatment often has profound negative impact on sexual functioning, sexual functioning in adult survivors of childhood cancer is not well understood...
- Psychosexual functioning and body image following a diagnosis of ductal carcinoma in situSharon L Bober
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Sex Med 10:370-7. 2013..This is of particular importance because many of the parallel treatment modalities also used to treat invasive breast cancer, e.g., surgery and hormonal therapy, have been shown to have a detrimental effect on psychosexual function...
- Sexuality in adult cancer survivors: challenges and interventionSharon L Bober
Sexual Health Program, Dana Farber Cancer Institute Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Clin Oncol 30:3712-9. 2012..We also address limitations encountered in research and practice and explore future directions, including suggestions for adopting an integrative treatment model to address sexual dysfunction in a cancer survivorship treatment setting...
- Decision-making about tamoxifen in women at high risk for breast cancer: clinical and psychological factorsSharon L Bober
David B Perini Quality of Life Clinic, D321, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:4951-7. 2004..To explore the health-related and psychological factors that influence decision making about tamoxifen (Nolvadex; AstraZeneca, Waltham, MA) chemoprevention in women at increased risk for developing breast cancer...
- Caring for cancer survivors: a survey of primary care physiciansSharon L Bober
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, and Institute for Health Policy, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer 115:4409-18. 2009....
- Recommendation recall and satisfaction after attending breast/ovarian cancer risk counselingSharon L Bober
Department of Pediatric Oncology SLB, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Dana 321, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Genet Couns 16:755-62. 2007..Findings underline the importance of examining recommendation recall, in addition to perceptions of cancer risk, when evaluating the clinical implications of cancer risk assessment...
- General internist communication about sexual function with cancer survivorsElyse R Park
Institute for Health Policy, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 50 Staniford Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Gen Intern Med 24:S407-11. 2009..Sexual dysfunction is an important issue that affects many cancer survivors who are increasingly being cared for by internists...
- Sexual health communication during cancer care: barriers and recommendationsElyse R Park
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Cancer J 15:74-7. 2009..We adapted a behavioral health counseling model, the 5 A's, and present it as a proposed framework for sexual health communication with cancer patients in a multidisciplinary setting...
- Can the distress thermometer (DT) identify significant psychological distress in long-term cancer survivors? A comparison with the Brief Symptom Inventory-18 (BSI-18)Anna Merport
Perini Family Survivors Center, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 450 Brookline Ave D321, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Support Care Cancer 20:195-8. 2012..The distress thermometer (DT) is a one-item distress screening recommended by the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) for screening cancer patients during their treatment...
- Perceptions of breast cancer risk and cancer screening: a qualitative study of young, female Hodgkin's disease survivorsSharon L Bober
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA02115, USA Sharon_bober dfci harvard edu
J Cancer Educ 22:42-6. 2007..Young female Hodgkins Disease (HD) survivors are at high risk for breast cancer following chest irradiation. We explored health perceptions, screening behaviors, and barriers of this population...
- Physical and emotional health information needs and preferences of long-term prostate cancer survivorsEric S Zhou
Perini Family Survivors Center, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 450 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA, USA Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, 25 Shattuck Street, Boston, MA, USA Electronic address
Patient Educ Couns 99:2049-2054. 2016..We examined long-term PC survivors' level of interest, whether this differed based upon symptomatology, and their preferred coping information source...
- Addressing female sexual function after cancer by internists and primary care providersSharon L Bober
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Psycho Oncology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Sex Med 10:112-9. 2013....
- Managing premature menopause and sexual dysfunctionEric S Zhou
aDana Farber Cancer Institute bHarvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Curr Opin Support Palliat Care 9:294-300. 2015..We will review the recent literature examining this critical challenge and discuss current efforts to address sexual dysfunction...
- How to ask and what to do: a guide for clinical inquiry and intervention regarding female sexual health after cancerSharon L Bober
aDana Farber Cancer Institute bHarvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts cCancer Prevention and Control Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center dDepartment of Social and Behavioral Sciences, College of Public Health, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA eDepartment of Radiation Oncology, University of Toronto and Odette Cancer Centre, Ontario, Canada fDepartment of Gynecologic Oncology and Reproductive Medicine, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center gOhio State University, Columbus, Ohio hDepartments of Medicine and Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center iDepartment of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College jDepartment of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center kDepartment of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center lDepartment of Psychiatry, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York City, New York, USA
Curr Opin Support Palliat Care 10:44-54. 2016..Previously identified barriers that hinder communication for providers include limited time, lack of preparation, and a lack of patient resources and access to appropriate referral sources...
- Addressing sexual dysfunction after risk-reducing salpingo-oophorectomy: effects of a brief, psychosexual interventionSharon L Bober
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Sex Med 12:189-97. 2015..This potentially life-saving surgery leads to premature menopause, frequently resulting in distressing and unaddressed sexual dysfunction...