Sharon L Bober
Affiliation: Harvard University
- Addressing female sexual function after cancer by internists and primary care providersSharon L Bober
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Psycho Oncology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Sex Med 10:112-9. 2013....
- General internist communication about sexual function with cancer survivorsElyse R Park
Institute for Health Policy, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 50 Staniford Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Gen Intern Med 24:S407-11. 2009..Sexual dysfunction is an important issue that affects many cancer survivors who are increasingly being cared for by internists...
- Can the distress thermometer (DT) identify significant psychological distress in long-term cancer survivors? A comparison with the Brief Symptom Inventory-18 (BSI-18)Anna Merport
Perini Family Survivors Center, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, 450 Brookline Ave D321, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Support Care Cancer 20:195-8. 2012..The distress thermometer (DT) is a one-item distress screening recommended by the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) for screening cancer patients during their treatment...
- Sexuality in adult cancer survivors: challenges and interventionSharon L Bober
Sexual Health Program, Dana Farber Cancer Institute Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Clin Oncol 30:3712-9. 2012..We also address limitations encountered in research and practice and explore future directions, including suggestions for adopting an integrative treatment model to address sexual dysfunction in a cancer survivorship treatment setting...
- Managing premature menopause and sexual dysfunctionEric S Zhou
aDana Farber Cancer Institute bHarvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Curr Opin Support Palliat Care 9:294-300. 2015..We will review the recent literature examining this critical challenge and discuss current efforts to address sexual dysfunction...
- How to ask and what to do: a guide for clinical inquiry and intervention regarding female sexual health after cancerSharon L Bober
aDana Farber Cancer Institute bHarvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts cCancer Prevention and Control Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center dDepartment of Social and Behavioral Sciences, College of Public Health, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA eDepartment of Radiation Oncology, University of Toronto and Odette Cancer Centre, Ontario, Canada fDepartment of Gynecologic Oncology and Reproductive Medicine, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center gOhio State University, Columbus, Ohio hDepartments of Medicine and Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center iDepartment of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College jDepartment of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center kDepartment of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center lDepartment of Psychiatry, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York City, New York, USA
Curr Opin Support Palliat Care 10:44-54. 2016..Previously identified barriers that hinder communication for providers include limited time, lack of preparation, and a lack of patient resources and access to appropriate referral sources...
- Addressing sexual dysfunction after risk-reducing salpingo-oophorectomy: effects of a brief, psychosexual interventionSharon L Bober
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Sex Med 12:189-97. 2015..This potentially life-saving surgery leads to premature menopause, frequently resulting in distressing and unaddressed sexual dysfunction...
- Sexual function in childhood cancer survivors: a report from Project REACHSharon L Bober
David B Perini Quality of Life Clinic, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Sex Med 10:2084-93. 2013..Although it has been well established that cancer treatment often has profound negative impact on sexual functioning, sexual functioning in adult survivors of childhood cancer is not well understood...
- Caring for cancer survivors: a survey of primary care physiciansSharon L Bober
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, and Institute for Health Policy, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer 115:4409-18. 2009....