Joseph G Allen
Affiliation: Harvard University
- PBDE flame retardants, thyroid disease, and menopausal status in U.S. womenJoseph G Allen
Department of Environmental Health, Harvard T H Chan School of Public Health, 401 Park Drive, Boston, MA, 02215, USA
Environ Health 15:60. 2016..The objective of this study was to test for an association between serum PBDE concentrations and thyroid disease in women from the United States (U.S.), stratified by menopause status...
- Green Buildings and HealthJoseph G Allen
Harvard T H Chan School of Public Health, 401 Park Drive, 404 L, Boston, MA, 02218, USA
Curr Environ Health Rep 2:250-8. 2015..To address this, we propose a framework for identifying direct, objective and leading "Health Performance Indicators" for use in future studies of buildings and health. ..
- Air concentrations of PBDEs on in-flight airplanes and assessment of flight crew inhalation exposureJoseph G Allen
Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Expo Sci Environ Epidemiol 23:337-42. 2013..Likelihood probabilities of 95th percentile exposure concentrations >1% of the defined exposure limit were zero for all congeners with published RfDs...
- Exposure to flame retardant chemicals on commercial airplanesJoseph G Allen
Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
Environ Health 12:17. 2013..Flame retardant chemicals are used in materials on airplanes to slow the propagation of fire. These chemicals migrate from their source products and can be found in the dust of airplanes, creating the potential for exposure...
- Critical factors in assessing exposure to PBDEs via house dustJoseph G Allen
Boston University School of Public Health, Department of Environmental Health, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Environ Int 34:1085-91. 2008..One vacuum bag sample contained the highest concentrations of BDE 209 (527,000 ng/g) and total PBDEs (544,000 ng/g) that have been reported in house dust...
- Identifying transfer mechanisms and sources of decabromodiphenyl ether (BDE 209) in indoor environments using environmental forensic microscopyThomas F Webster
Department of Environmental Health, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Environ Sci Technol 43:3067-72. 2009....
- Flavoring Chemicals in E-Cigarettes: Diacetyl, 2,3-Pentanedione, and Acetoin in a Sample of 51 Products, Including Fruit-, Candy-, and Cocktail-Flavored E-CigarettesJoseph G Allen
Harvard T H Chan School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Environ Health Perspect 124:733-9. 2016..There has been limited research on flavoring chemicals in e-cigarettes...
- Personal exposure to polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs) in residential indoor airJoseph G Allen
Department of Environmental Health, Boston University School of Public Health, 715 Albany Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Environ Sci Technol 41:4574-9. 2007..045) and BDE 209 (r = 0.58, p = 0.008). Use of personal air concentrations increased estimates of inhalation exposure over those previously reported. Inhalation may account for up to 22% of the total BDE 209 exposure in U.S. adults...
- Associations of Cognitive Function Scores with Carbon Dioxide, Ventilation, and Volatile Organic Compound Exposures in Office Workers: A Controlled Exposure Study of Green and Conventional Office EnvironmentsJoseph G Allen
Exposure, Epidemiology, and Risk Program, Department of Environmental Health, Harvard T H Chan School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Environ Health Perspect 124:805-12. 2016..The advent of sustainable design or green building strategies reinvigorated questions regarding the specific factors in buildings that lead to optimized conditions for health and productivity...
- Review of PCBs in US schools: a brief history, an estimate of the number of impacted schools, and an approach for evaluating indoor air samplesRobert F Herrick
Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, 665 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA, 02215, USA
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 23:1975-85. 2016..The health risks posed by PCB exposures, particularly among children, mandate precautionary approaches to managing PCBs in building materials. ..
- Airplane pilot mental health and suicidal thoughts: a cross-sectional descriptive study via anonymous web-based surveyAlexander C Wu
Department of Environmental Health, Harvard T H Chan School of Public Health, 665 Huntington Avenue, Building 1, Room 1301, Boston, MA, 02115, USA
Environ Health 15:121. 2016....