- True and false gharials: a nuclear gene phylogeny of crocodyliaJohn Harshman
Department of Systematic Biology, National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution, Suitland, Maryland 20746, USA
Syst Biol 52:386-402. 2003....
- Phylogenomic evidence for multiple losses of flight in ratite birdsJohn Harshman
Zoology Department, Field Museum of Natural History, 1400 South Lakeshore Drive, Chicago, IL 60605, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:13462-7. 2008..Finally, this phylogeny demands fundamental reconsideration of proposals that relate ratite evolution to continental drift...
- A phylogenomic study of birds reveals their evolutionary historyShannon J Hackett
Zoology Department, Field Museum of Natural History, 1400 South Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL 60605, USA
Science 320:1763-8. 2008..Our results provide a valuable resource for phylogenetic and comparative studies in birds...
- Homoplastic microinversions and the avian tree of lifeEdward L Braun
Department of Biology, University of Florida, Gainesville, USA
BMC Evol Biol 11:141. 2011..However, few detailed surveys of these genomic rearrangements have been conducted, making it difficult to assess this hypothesis or understand the impact of microinversions upon genome evolution...
- Taking the first steps towards a standard for reporting on phylogenies: Minimum Information About a Phylogenetic Analysis (MIAPA)Jim Leebens-Mack
Department of Biology, Institute of Molecular Evolutionary Genetics, and Huck Institutes of Life Sciences, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania, USA
OMICS 10:231-7. 2006..Key in the successful development and implementation of such a standard will be broad participation by developers of phylogenetic analysis software, phylogenetic database developers, practitioners of phylogenomics, and journal editors...