Gary A Walco
Affiliation: Hackensack University Medical Center
- Needle pain in children: contextual factorsGary A Walco
Department of Pediatrics, Hackensack University Medical Center, 30 Prospect Ave, Hackensack, NJ 07601, USA
Pediatrics 122:S125-9. 2008..Clinical implications are discussed incorporating ethical perspectives...
- Religion, spirituality, and the practice of pediatric oncologyGary A Walco
Department of Pediatrics, New Jersey Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 29:733-5. 2007
- Procedural distress in children with cancer: self-report, behavioral observations, and physiological parametersGary A Walco
Department of Pediatrics, Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack, NJ 07601, USA
Clin J Pain 21:484-90. 2005..To examine the relationship among different indicators of pain and distress, including self-report, behavioral observations, and physiological parameters, in children with cancer undergoing invasive procedures...
- Commentary: psychologists in pediatric oncology: kudos, criticism, and courses for the futureGary A Walco
Hackensack University Medical Center, University of Medicine, NJ 07601, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 30:115-8. 2005
- Treatment of chronic pain in pediatric rheumatic diseaseYukiko Kimura
Joseph M Sanzari Children s Hospital of Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack, and University of Medicine and Dentistry, New Jersey 07601, USA
Nat Clin Pract Rheumatol 3:210-8. 2007..The use of systemic corticosteroids to treat pain in children with arthritis should be avoided...
- Treatment of pain in juvenile idiopathic arthritis: a survey of pediatric rheumatologistsYukiko Kimura
Joseph M Sanzari Children s Hospital at Hackensack University Medical Center, 30 Prospect Avenue, Hackensack, NJ 07601, USA
Arthritis Rheum 55:81-5. 2006..To assess the opinions and current practice of pediatric rheumatologists regarding treatment of chronic pain in children with juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA)...
- Clinical trials in pediatric cancer: parental perspectives on informed consentMary Jo Kupst
Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin and Midwest Children s Cancer Center, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 25:787-90. 2003....
- Protection of children's rights to self-determination in researchCheryl M Sterling
Department of Pediatrics, Hackensack University Medical Center, 30 Prospect Avenue, Hackensack, NJ 07601, USA
Ethics Behav 13:237-47. 2003..Strategies for implementing the assent process more effectively are presented...
- Temperament and stress response in children with juvenile primary fibromyalgia syndromePaola M Conte
Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack, New Jersey 07601, USA
Arthritis Rheum 48:2923-30. 2003..Parental psychological adjustment was also measured...
- Pain in children with rheumatic diseasesYukiko Kimura
Joseph M Sanzari Children s Hospital, Hackensack University Medical Center, 30 Prospect Ave, Hackensack, NJ 07601, USA
Curr Rheumatol Rep 8:480-8. 2006..Idiopathic pain may coexist in children with rheumatic disease, but treatment of idiopathic pain is different than that of pain due to inflammatory disorders...
- Brief report: empathy and psychological adjustment in siblings of children with cancerLarissa E Labay
Department of Pediatrics, Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack, New Jersey 07601, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 29:309-14. 2004..To examine relationships between empathy, illness concepts, sibling relationship variables, and psychological adjustment among siblings of children with cancer...
- Summary proceedings from the neonatal pain-control groupKanwaljeet J S Anand
Department of Pediatrics, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
Pediatrics 117:S9-S22. 2006..Full-length articles on procedural pain, sedation and analgesia for ventilated infants, perioperative pain, and study designs for neonatal pain research were published in Clinical Therapeutics (June 2005)...
- Analgesia and anesthesia for neonates: study design and ethical issuesK J S Anand
Department of Pediatrics, College of Medicine, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, USA
Clin Ther 27:814-43. 2005....
- Core outcome domains and measures for pediatric acute and chronic/recurrent pain clinical trials: PedIMMPACT recommendationsPatrick J McGrath
Dalhousie University and IWK Health Center, Halifax, Canada
J Pain 9:771-83. 2008..Specific measures or measurement strategies were recommended for different age groups for each domain...
- Toward an integrated model of pain over the life courseGary A Walco
Pain 108:207-8. 2004