Kristen J Wells
Affiliation: H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute
- Development and psychometric testing of the prenatal breast-feeding self-efficacy scaleKristen J Wells
Department of Psychology, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, USA
Am J Health Behav 30:177-87. 2006..To develop and evaluate the psychometric properties of a scale measuring prenatal breast-feeding self-efficacy...
- Patient navigation: state of the art or is it science?Kristen J Wells
Department of Health Outcomes and Behavior, Division of Cancer Prevention and Control, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
Cancer 113:1999-2010. 2008..Although cancer-related patient navigation interventions are being adopted increasingly across the United States and Canada, further research will be necessary to evaluate their efficacy and cost-effectiveness in improving cancer care...
- Do coping and social support predict depression and anxiety in patients undergoing hematopoietic stem cell transplantation?Kristen J Wells
H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
J Psychosoc Oncol 27:297-315. 2009..Patients who use acceptance/resignation coping and report low levels of two types of social support prior to HSCT may require additional intervention before HSCT, as they are at higher risk for depression and anxiety...
- Improving awareness of cancer clinical trials among Hispanic patients and families: audience segmentation decisions for a media interventionGwendolyn P Quinn
Health Outcomes and Behavior Program, Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, FL, USA
J Health Commun 18:1131-47. 2013..The DVD is complete with companion booklet and currently undergoing a randomized control trial. ..
- Lay navigator model for impacting cancer health disparitiesCathy D Meade
Division of Population Science, Moffitt Cancer Center, 12902 Magnolia Drive, FOW EDU, Tampa, FL, 33612, USA
J Cancer Educ 29:449-57. 2014....
- Effect of patient navigation on time to diagnostic resolution among patients with colorectal cancer-related abnormalitiesJi Hyun Lee
H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, 12902 Magnolia Drive, Tampa, FL, 33612, USA
J Cancer Educ 29:144-50. 2014..However, the small sample size limits drawing a definitive conclusion regarding the positive PN effect...
- Effects of a brief multimedia psychoeducational intervention on the attitudes and interest of patients with cancer regarding clinical trial participation: a multicenter randomized controlled trialPaul B Jacobsen
Moffitt Cancer Centerand University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, USA
J Clin Oncol 30:2516-21. 2012....
- Creating a patient navigation model to address cervical cancer disparities in a rural Hispanic farmworker communityKristen J Wells
University of South Florida, Morsani College of Medicine, 12901 Bruce B Downs Blvd, MDC 27, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 23:1712-8. 2012..The PN program has resulted in the need for additional clinic sessions to accommodate the demand for preventive care at CMMS...
- Ethics of clear health communication: applying the CLEAN Look approach to communicate biobanking information for cancer researchAlexis Koskan
Department of Health Outcomes and Behavior, Moffitt Cancer Center, 12902 Magnolia Drive, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 23:58-66. 2012....
- Patient navigation and time to diagnostic resolution: results for a cluster randomized trial evaluating the efficacy of patient navigation among patients with breast cancer screening abnormalities, Tampa, FLJi Hyun Lee
H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, Florida, United States of America University of South Florida, College of Medicine, Tampa, Florida, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e74542. 2013....
- A cluster randomized trial evaluating the efficacy of patient navigation in improving quality of diagnostic care for patients with breast or colorectal cancer abnormalitiesKristen J Wells
University of South Florida, 12901 Bruce B Downs Blvd, MDC 27, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 21:1664-72. 2012..This study examines efficacy of a lay patient navigation (PN) program aimed to reduce time between a cancer abnormality and definitive diagnosis among racially/ethnically diverse and medically underserved populations of Tampa Bay, Florida...
- Assessing needs and assets for building a regional network infrastructure to reduce cancer related health disparitiesKristen J Wells
University of South Florida, 4202 East Fowler Avenue, Tampa, FL 33620, USA
Eval Program Plann 44:14-25. 2014..This network entails ongoing commitment from the institutions and institutional leaders, continuous participatory and engagement activities, and effective coordination and communication centered on team science goals. ..
- Cancer patients' fears related to clinical trial participation: a qualitative studyGwendolyn P Quinn
Health Outcomes and Behavior Program, Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
J Cancer Educ 27:257-62. 2012..In conclusion, providers might consider addressing the role of fear in patients' considering participating in a clinical trial...
- Managed care and cancer outcomes for Medicare beneficiaries with disabilitiesRichard G Roetzheim
Department of Family Medicine, University of South Florida, 12901 Bruce B Downs Blvd, MDC 13, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Am J Manag Care 14:287-96. 2008..To determine if the type of insurance arrangement, specifically health maintenance organization (HMO) vs fee-for-service (FFS), affects cancer outcomes for Medicare beneficiaries with disabilities...
- Health disparities in receipt of screening mammography in Latinas: a critical review of recent literatureKristen J Wells
Health Outcomes and Behavior Program, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, Florida, USA
Cancer Control 14:369-79. 2007..Historically, women from underserved and minority populations have been less likely to receive screening mammography...
- Depression in adults with type 2 diabetes: the role of adherence, body mass index, and self-efficacyWilliam P Sacco
Department of Psychology, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33620, USA
Health Psychol 24:630-4. 2005..These findings are consistent with the proposal that lower self-efficacy in reaction to adherence failure and higher BMI contributes to depression in adults with diabetes...