Mae F Go
- Review article: natural history and epidemiology of Helicobacter pylori infectionM F Go
GI Section, Veterans Administration Salt Lake City Health Care System, Division of Gastroenterology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah 84148, USA
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 16:3-15. 2002....
- Treatment and management of Helicobacter pylori infectionMae F Go
Gastrointestinal Section, Veterans Administration Salt Lake City Health Care System, 500 Foothill Boulevard 111G, Salt Lake City, UT 84148, USA
Curr Gastroenterol Rep 4:471-7. 2002..pylori infection and use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or aspirin are the major causes of peptic ulcer disease and ulcer bleeding. This paper reviews the results of these studies and their implications for future research...
- Drug injury in the upper gastrointestinal tract: nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugsMae F Go
Veterans Administration Salt Lake City Health Care System, UT 84106, USA
Gastrointest Endosc Clin N Am 16:83-97. 2006..Recent studies have demonstrated enhanced healing and prevention of NSAID- and aspirin-related gastrointestinal lesions with proton pump inhibitors...
- H. pylori and gastric cancer: the Asian enigmaHiroto Miwa
Department of Gastroenterology, Juntendo University, School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Gastroenterol 97:1106-12. 2002..These factors, in addition to environmental factors, such as personal hygiene and dietary habits, reflect the multifactorial etiology of gastric cancer...
- Genomic fingerprinting and genotyping of Helicobacter pylori strains from patients with duodenal ulcer or gastric cancer from different geographic regionsLi Li
Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Dig Dis Sci 47:2512-8. 2002..We did not detect any association between disease presentation and H. pylori genotypes using either DNA fingerprinting or candidate single gene virulence factors...
- Helicobacter pylori strain and the pattern of gastritis among first-degree relatives of patients with gastric carcinomaLi Li
Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Helicobacter 7:349-55. 2002..Relatives of gastric cancer patients have an increased risk of gastric cancer, possibly related to genetically-related strains of Helicobacter pylori or a common environment...
- NO-donating aspirin inhibits both the expression and catalytic activity of inducible nitric oxide synthase in HT-29 human colon cancer cellsAdam Spiegel
Division of Cancer Prevention, SUNY at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY 11794 5200, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 70:993-1000. 2005..These findings indicate that NO-ASA profoundly inhibits both the expression and enzymatic activity of NOS2 and suggest that these effects may represent an important mechanism for the colon cancer chemopreventive effect of NO-ASA...