Chun Fang Xu
Affiliation: GlaxoSmithKline Research and Development
- Effectiveness of computational methods in haplotype predictionChun Fang Xu
Discovery Genetics, GlaxoSmithKline Research and Development, Medicines Research Centre, Gunnels Wood Road, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, SG1 2NY, UK
Hum Genet 110:148-56. 2002..However, none of the methods was accurate in predicting individual haplotype phases. The EM and the PHASE methods provided better estimates for overall haplotype frequencies than the subtraction method for both genomic regions...
- Identification of a pharmacogenetic effect by linkage disequilibrium mappingC F Xu
Discovery and Pipeline Genetics, GlaxoSmithKline Medicines Research Centre, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, UK
Pharmacogenomics J 4:374-8. 2004..Our data illustrated that a genome-wide LD scan of 100,000-200,000 SNPs is sufficient to identify a pharmacogenetic association with a drug-induced adverse event...
- Pazopanib efficacy in renal cell carcinoma: evidence for predictive genetic markers in angiogenesis-related and exposure-related genesChun Fang Xu
GlaxoSmithKline Medicines Research Centre, Rm 1S101, Gunnels Wood Rd, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, UK
J Clin Oncol 29:2557-64. 2011..We tested the hypothesis that this variability is partially dependent on germline genetic variants that may affect pazopanib exposure or angiogenesis pathways...
- Genetic characterization to improve interpretation and clinical management of hepatotoxicity caused by tyrosine kinase inhibitorsColin F Spraggs
Genetics, Quantitative Sciences, GlaxoSmithKline Research and Development, Medicines Research Centre, Gunnels Wood Road, Stevenage SG1 2NY, UK
Pharmacogenomics 14:541-54. 2013..The data presented demonstrate the utility of genetic studies to investigate drug-induced liver injury and potentially support its management in patients...
- Detection of genotyping errors by Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium testingLouise Hosking
GlaxoSmithKline Medicines Research Centre, Gunnels Wood Rd, Stevenage, Hertfordshire SG1 2NY, UK
Eur J Hum Genet 12:395-9. 2004..Consequently, our current high-throughput genotyping system incorporates tests for both assay specificity and deviation from HWE, to minimise the genotype error rate and therefore improve data quality...
- Pharmacogenetics to predict drug-related adverse eventsDavid A Hosford
Department of Genetics Research, GlaxoSmithKline R and D, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Toxicol Pathol 32:9-12. 2004..Together, these studies demonstrate in a stepwise manner the feasibility of using pharmacogenetic approaches to predict DRAEs...
- HLA-B*57:01 Confers Susceptibility to Pazopanib-Associated Liver Injury in Patients with CancerChun Fang Xu
GlaxoSmithKline Research and Development, Stevenage, UK, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina and King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Clin Cancer Res 22:1371-7. 2016..Transaminase elevations have been commonly observed in pazopanib-treated patients. We conducted pharmacogenetic analyses to explore mechanistic insight into pazopanib-induced liver injury...
- Association of the hemochromatosis gene with pazopanib-induced transaminase elevation in renal cell carcinomaChun Fang Xu
GlaxoSmithKline Research and Development, Genetics Division, Stevenage, UK
J Hepatol 54:1237-43. 2011..However, transaminase elevations have commonly been observed. This 2-stage study sought to identify genetic determinants of alanine transaminase (ALT) elevations in pazopanib-treated white patients with RCC...