Richard A Peterson
Affiliation: GlaxoSmithKline Research and Development
- Regulatory T-cells: diverse phenotypes integral to immune homeostasis and suppressionRichard A Peterson
GlaxoSmithKline, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Toxicol Pathol 40:186-204. 2012..The role of T(REG) in mucosal sites, inflammation/infection, pregnancy, and cancer as well as a review of T(REG) as a modulatory target in drug development will be covered...
- Applications of laser scanning cytometry in immunohistochemistry and routine histopathologyRichard A Peterson
Molecular and Ultrastructural Pathology Group, Safety Assessment, GlaxoSmithKline, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Toxicol Pathol 36:117-32. 2008..Examples of LSC use in chromogenic IHC, routine histopathology, and Qdot labeling will be reviewed, and advantages and disadvantages of this technology will be discussed...
- Continuing education course #1: non-invasive imaging as a problem-solving tool and translational biomarker strategy in toxicologic pathologyRichard A Peterson
GlaxoSmithKline Safety Assessment, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Toxicol Pathol 39:267-72. 2011..The choice of imaging modality will depend on the research question and the needed resolution...
- Morphologic characterization of PhoenixBio (uPA+/+/SCID) humanized liver chimeric mouse modelRichard A Peterson
Safety Assessment, GlaxoSmithKline, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Drug Metab Lett 4:180-4. 2010....
- Preclinical applications of quantitative imaging cytometry to support drug discoveryDavid L Krull
GlaxoSmithKline, Safety Assessment, Investigative Pathology Laboratory, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
Methods Cell Biol 102:291-308. 2011..More recently, IHC and LSC have been taken to the next level to quantify biopharmaceutical drug and target co-localization in tissue sections...
- Hepatic Phospholipidosis Is Associated with Altered Hepatobiliary Function as Assessed by Gadoxetate Dynamic Contrast-enhanced Magnetic Resonance ImagingStephen C Lenhard
Preclinical and Translational Imaging, GlaxoSmithKline, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, USA Laboratory Animal Sciences, GlaxoSmithKline, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, USA
Toxicol Pathol 44:51-60. 2016..These results also suggest PLD itself has functional consequences on hepatobiliary function in the absence of biomarkers of toxicity, given the cause/effect relationship between PLD and function has not been fully established. ..
- Acute ANIT toxicity in male IL-10 knockout and wild-type miceBrenda Faiola
RTI International, Discovery Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
Toxicol Pathol 38:745-55. 2010..Overall, our data suggest that IL-10 KO mice have less hepatocellular injury than WT mice following a toxic dose of ANIT and that biliary epithelial injury is accentuated in the KO mice...
- PPAR alpha, more than PPAR delta, mediates the hepatic and skeletal muscle alterations induced by the PPAR agonist GW0742Brenda Faiola
Safety Assessment Department, GlaxoSmithKline, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Toxicol Sci 105:384-94. 2008....
- Lymphocyte loss and immunosuppression following acetaminophen-induced hepatotoxicity in mice as a potential mechanism of toleranceMary Jane Masson
Molecular and Cellular Toxicology Section, Laboratory of Molecular Immunology, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Chem Res Toxicol 20:20-6. 2007..Similar regulatory pathways may inhibit other hepatotoxic drugs from causing allergic reactions...
- NADPH oxidase involvement in the pathology of Helicobacter pylori infectionJacqueline I Keenan
Department of Surgery, Christchurch School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Christchurch, New Zealand
Free Radic Biol Med 38:1188-96. 2005..This is exacerbated by the absence of a functional NADPH oxidase, and is consistent with this enzyme complex having an important role in dampening the inflammatory response...
- Adoptive transfer of splenocytes in SCID mice implicates CD4+ T cells in apoptosis and epithelial proliferation associated with Helicobacter pylori-induced gastritisRichard A Peterson
The Ohio State University, College of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Veterinary Biosciences, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Comp Med 53:498-509. 2003..Influx of CD4 cells and gastritis are correlated with epithelial proliferation and apoptosis, and suggest that CD4-dependent H. pylori gastritis leads to epithelial damage with attendant proliferative and metaplastic responses...