Aili L Lazaar
Affiliation: GlaxoSmithKline Research and Development
- The inhaled phosphodiesterase 4 inhibitor GSK256066 reduces allergen challenge responses in asthmaDave Singh
The University of Manchester, Manchester Academic Health Science Centre, University Hospital of South Manchester NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester M23 9LT, UK
Respir Res 11:26. 2010..GSK256066 is a selective phosphodiesterase 4 inhibitor that can be given by inhalation, minimising the potential for side effects. We evaluated the effects of GSK256066 on airway responses to allergen challenge in mild asthmatics...
- SB-656933, a novel CXCR2 selective antagonist, inhibits ex vivo neutrophil activation and ozone-induced airway inflammation in humansAili L Lazaar
COPD Clinical Discovery, GlaxoSmithKline, King of Prussia, PA, USA
Br J Clin Pharmacol 72:282-93. 2011..A CXCR1/2 receptor antagonist has shown activity in an ozone challenge model in humans...
- Airway smooth muscle as a regulator of immune responses and bronchomotor toneAili L Lazaar
Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Division, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, BRB II III, 421 Curie Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6160, USA
Clin Chest Med 27:53-69, vi. 2006..This article also discusses how altered synthetic function contributes to airway remodeling...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor-induced secretion of fibronectin is ERK dependentAltaf S Kazi
Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Division, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 286:L539-45. 2004..We conclude that ASM-derived VEGF, through modulation of the extracellular matrix, may play an important role in airway remodeling seen in asthma...
- Is airway remodeling clinically relevant in asthma?Aili L Lazaar
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Am J Med 115:652-9. 2003....
- Airway smooth muscle: new targets for asthma pharmacotherapyAili L Lazaar
Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care Division, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, 852 BRB II III, 421 Curie Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6160, USA
Expert Opin Ther Targets 6:447-59. 2002..Finally, the efficacy of established asthma therapies in modifying the synthetic function of ASM cells are compared and novel targets for pharmacological intervention are discussed...
- IFN-gamma inhibits human airway smooth muscle cell proliferation by modulating the E2F-1/Rb pathwayYassine Amrani
Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Division, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 284:L1063-71. 2003....
- Technology evaluation: omalizumab, Genentech/Novartis/TanoxAili L Lazaar
University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care Division, 852 BRB II III, 421 Curie Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6160, USA
Curr Opin Mol Ther 5:81-9. 2003..Omalizumab is at the pre-registration stage for both indications in the US, New Zealand, Switzerland and Western Europe, and is currently registered for both indications in Australia...
- Pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics and adverse event profile of GSK2256294, a novel soluble epoxide hydrolase inhibitorAili L Lazaar
GSK R and D, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, USA
Br J Clin Pharmacol 81:971-9. 2016..Endothelial-derived epoxyeicosatrienoic acids may regulate vascular tone and are metabolized by soluble epoxide hydrolase enzymes (sEH). GSK2256294 is a potent and selective sEH inhibitor that was tested in two phase I studies...
- The pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of danirixin (GSK1325756)--a selective CXCR2 antagonist --in healthy adult subjectsBruce E Miller
Clinical Discovery, Respiratory Therapy Area Unit, GlaxoSmithKline R and D, 709 Swedeland Road, King of Prussia, PA, 19406, USA
BMC Pharmacol Toxicol 16:18. 2015..Selective antagonism of the CXCR2 receptor is a potential approach to reducing neutrophil migration and activation. Danirixin, is a small molecule, CXCR2 antagonist being evaluated as a potential anti-inflammatory medicine...
- Airway smooth muscle: a modulator of airway remodeling in asthmaAili L Lazaar
Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care Division, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
J Allergy Clin Immunol 116:488-95; quiz 496. 2005..These ASM cell functions might directly or indirectly modulate submucosal airway inflammation and promote airway remodeling...