David R Howlett
Affiliation: GlaxoSmithKline Research and Development
- Cognitive correlates of Abeta deposition in male and female mice bearing amyloid precursor protein and presenilin-1 mutant transgenesDavid R Howlett
Neurology and GI CEDD, GlaxoSmithKline Research and Development Limited, New Frontiers Science Park, Third Avenue, Harlow, Essex, CM19 5AW, UK
Brain Res 1017:130-6. 2004..These results suggest that the cognitive impairment in TASTPM mice is related to the disruption of neural connectivity and not simply Abeta deposition, which first occurs 3 months earlier...
- MAPK-activated protein kinase 2 deficiency in microglia inhibits pro-inflammatory mediator release and resultant neurotoxicity. Relevance to neuroinflammation in a transgenic mouse model of Alzheimer diseaseAinsley A Culbert
Neurology and GI Centre of Excellence for Drug Discovery, GlaxoSmithKline Research and Development Limited, New Frontiers Science Park, Third Avenue, Harlow CM19 5AW, Essex, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 281:23658-67. 2006..Our data propose a role for MK2 in AD brain pathology, for which neuroinflammation involving cytokines and chemokines and overt neuronal loss have been documented...
- Cyclin-dependent kinase-5/p35 phosphorylates Presenilin 1 to regulate carboxy-terminal fragment stabilityKwok Fai Lau
Department of Neuroscience, The Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, De Crespigny Park, Denmark Hill, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Neurosci 20:13-20. 2002..Threonine(354) phosphorylation functions to selectively stabilize C-PS1. Our results demonstrate that cdk5/p35 is a regulator of PS1 metabolism...
- Imaging and spatial distribution of beta-amyloid peptide and metal ions in Alzheimer's plaques by laser ablation-inductively coupled plasma-mass spectrometryRobert W Hutchinson
Centre for Analytical Sciences, The University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
Anal Biochem 346:225-33. 2005..We also report the combination of laser capture microdissection with LA-ICP-MS as an alternative strategy for microanalysis of immunohistochemical sections...
- Abeta(1-42) modulation of Akt phosphorylation via alpha7 nAChR and NMDA receptorsJonathan J Abbott
King s College London, Wolfson Centre for Age Related Diseases, Guy s Campus, St Thomas Street, London SE1 1UL, UK
Neurobiol Aging 29:992-1001. 2008....