Holley A Wilkin
Affiliation: Georgia State University
- How community members and health professionals conceptualize medical emergencies: implications for primary care promotionHolley A Wilkin
Department of Communication, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA 30302 4000, USA
Health Educ Res 27:1031-42. 2012..Pain, uncertainty and anxiety tend to influence their choice to use EDs rather than availability of primary care. Implications for increasing primary care use are discussed...
- Does entertainment-education work with Latinos in the United States? Identification and the effects of a telenovela breast cancer storylineHolley A Wilkin
Department of Communication, Georgia State University, Atlanta, Georgia 30302 4000, USA
J Health Commun 12:455-69. 2007..Third, these trends were confirmed and further explored using focus groups of Ladrón viewers. Implications for educating viewers using dramatic serials in the United States are discussed...
- Hard-to-reach? Using health access status as a way to more effectively target segments of the Latino audienceHolley A Wilkin
Department of Communication, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA 30302, USA
Health Educ Res 26:239-53. 2011..The theoretical and methodological contributions of this work, its major findings, implications, limitations and policy guidelines are discussed...
- Communication resources for obesity prevention among African American and Latino residents in an urban neighborhoodHolley A Wilkin
a Department of Communication and School of Public Health, Georgia State University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Health Commun 20:710-9. 2015..Family interaction was the only independent variable that predicted residents' daily intake of fruits and vegetables. Implications of these findings for community health programs and theory development are discussed. ..
- When patients are impatient: the communication strategies utilized by emergency department employees to manage patients frustrated by wait timesElizabeth L Cohen
Department of Communication, Georgia State University, GA, USA
Health Commun 28:275-85. 2013..All staff members recognized the need for engaging in empathic communication with frustrated patients, but social workers and patient navigators were able to dedicate more time to these types of interactions...