ERIN C TULLY
Affiliation: Georgia State University
- Empathic Responses to Mother's Emotions Predict Internalizing Problems in Children of Depressed MothersERIN C TULLY
Department of Psychology, Georgia State University, P O Box 5010, Atlanta, GA, 30302 5010, USA
Child Psychiatry Hum Dev 48:94-106. 2017..Positive empathy may contribute to adaptive processes when mothers are not depressed, and positive, negative, and cognitive empathy may contribute to maladaptive processes when mothers are chronically depressed...
- Changes in genetic and environmental influences on the development of nicotine dependence and major depressive disorder from middle adolescence to early adulthoodERIN C TULLY
Department of Psychology, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA 30302 5010, USA
Dev Psychopathol 22:831-48. 2010....
- Genetic and environmental influences on affiliation with deviant peers during adolescence and early adulthoodNicholas Tarantino
Department of Psychology, Georgia State University
Dev Psychol 50:663-73. 2014..The shared environment was almost exclusively responsible for the stability in late adolescence, while genetic influences were primarily responsible for stability in early adulthood...
- Changes in genetic and environmental influences on trait anxiety ćfrom middle adolescence to early adulthoodSarah E Garcia
Department of Psychology, Georgia State University, PO Box 5010, Atlanta, GA 30302 5010, USA
J Affect Disord 151:46-53. 2013..Genetically-influenced stable traits are thought to underlie internalizing psychopathology throughout development, but no studies have examined changes in genetic and environmental influences on trait anxiety during this period...
- Learning how to help others: two-year-olds' social learning of a prosocial actRebecca A Williamson
Department of Psychology, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA 30302, USA
J Exp Child Psychol 114:543-50. 2013..These results suggest that toddlers imitate and emulate prosocial behaviors for social interaction and that children can apply such behaviors in appropriate situations...
- Children's empathy responses and their understanding of mother's emotionsERIN C TULLY
a Department of Psychology, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Cogn Emot 29:118-29. 2015..Personal distress may motivate attempts to understand mother's emotions as a self-soothing strategy, whereas sympathy-related attempts to understand may be motivated by altruism. ..
- An adoption study of parental depression as an environmental liability for adolescent depression and childhood disruptive disordersERIN C TULLY
Department of Psychology, N218 Elliott Hall, University of Minnesota, 75 East River Rd, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Am J Psychiatry 165:1148-54. 2008..The authors used an adoption study design to investigate environmental influences on risk for psychopathology in adolescents with depressed parents...
- Recurrence of depression during pregnancy: psychosocial and personal functioning correlatesSherryl H Goodman
Department of Psychology, Emory University, 532 Kilgo Circle, Atlanta, GA, USA
Depress Anxiety 26:557-67. 2009..This study examined psychosocial and personal functioning during pregnancy in women at risk for depression recurrence based on having had at least one major depressive episode (MDE) preceding the pregnancy...