Michael P Eriksen
Affiliation: Georgia State University
- Factors associated with support for smoke-free policies among government workers in Six Chinese cities: a cross-sectional studyMichelle C Kegler
Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, 1518 Clifton Road NE, 30322 Atlanta, GA, USA
BMC Public Health 14:1130. 2014....
- The diffusion and impact of clean indoor air lawsMichael P Eriksen
Institute of Public Health, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA 30302, USA
Annu Rev Public Health 29:171-85. 2008..The diffusion of clean indoor air laws is spreading rapidly throughout the world, stimulated by the first global health treaty, the Framework Convention on Tobacco Control...
- Trends in abdominal obesity in young people: United States 1988-2002Ike S Okosun
Institute of Public Health, Georgia State University, P O Box 3995, Atlanta, GA 30302 3995, USA
Ethn Dis 16:338-44. 2006..To determine the prevalence and trends of abdominal obesity from 1988-1994 to 1999-2002 in American White, Black, and Hispanic youths...
- The Potential That Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems Can be a Disruptive Technology: Results From a National SurveyTerry F Pechacek
Tobacco Center of Regulatory Science TCORS, School of Public Health, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA Division of Health Management and Policy, School of Public Health, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA
Nicotine Tob Res 18:1989-97. 2016..This study evaluates the reasons for use and acceptance of Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS) among current and former cigarette smokers to assess if ENDS may become a satisfying alternative to cigarettes...
- Little Cigars and Cigarillos: Users, Perceptions, and Reasons for UseAmy L Nyman
Research Consultant, Tobacco Center of Regulatory Science TCORS, School of Public Health, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA
Tob Regul Sci 2:239-251. 2016..This study examines little cigar and cigarillo (LCC) adult user characteristics, perceived addictiveness, use and importance of flavors, intentions to continue use, and reasons for use to inform prevention efforts and regulatory policy...
- Electronic nicotine delivery system dual use and intention to quit smoking: Will the socioeconomic gap in smoking get greater?Pratibha Nayak
Tobacco Center of Regulatory Science TCORS, School of Public Health, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA, USA Electronic address
Addict Behav 61:112-6. 2016..We examined predictors of intention to quit smoking and patterns of dual use of ENDS and traditional cigarettes among priority populations...
- Exposure to celebrity-endorsed small cigar promotions and susceptibility to use among young adult cigarette smokersKymberle L Sterling
Institute of Public Health, Georgia State University, 140 Decatur Street, Urban Life Building, Room 878, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
J Environ Public Health 2013:520286. 2013..This association underscores the importance of monitoring small cigar promotions geared toward young people and their impact on small cigar product smoking. ..
- Comparison of serum cotinine concentration within and across smokers of menthol and nonmenthol cigarette brands among non-Hispanic black and non-Hispanic white U.S. adult smokers, 2001-2006Ralph S Caraballo
Office on Smoking and Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 20:1329-40. 2011..There are many pharmacologic properties of menthol that may facilitate exposure to tobacco smoke, and it has been suggested that the preference for menthol cigarettes in black smokers accounts for their higher cotinine levels...
- For the patient. Children's waist size found to increase from 1988 to 2002Ike S Okosun
Ethn Dis 16:591. 2006
- The effect of the market opening on trends in smoking rates in TaiwanChih Cheng Hsu
Division of Health Policy Research, National Health Research Institutes, Taipei, Taiwan
Health Policy 74:69-76. 2005..To examine smoking rates before and after the opening of the market to foreign imports...