Douglas O Sobel
Affiliation: Georgetown University
- Characterization of anti-islet cytotoxic human T-cell clones from patients with type 1 diabetes mellitusDouglas O Sobel
Department of Pediatrics, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007 2197, USA
Autoimmunity 39:323-32. 2006..Further, the isolation of hsp60 reactive clone with anti-islet cytotoxic properties suggests that cell mediated immunity against hsp60 may be important in the pathogenesis of diabetes...
- Cyclosporin and methotrexate therapy induces remission in type 1 diabetes mellitusDouglas O Sobel
Department of Pediatrics, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Acta Diabetol 47:243-50. 2010..5, 4.5, 8, and 12 months. Low-dose cyclo and mtx treatment of subjects with new onset T1D can safely induce remission of disease and decrease the amount of required insulin...
- Interferon-tau inhibits the development of diabetes in NOD miceDouglas O Sobel
Georgetown University Children s Medical Center, NW Washington, DC 20007, USA
Autoimmunity 41:543-53. 2008..Due to the lower drug toxicity, IFN-tau could be a better drug candidate than IFN-alpha for experimental clinical trials...
- Gamma interferon paradoxically inhibits the development of diabetes in the NOD mouseDouglas O Sobel
Georgetown University Medical Center, Division of Pediatric Endocrinology and Metabolism, 3800 Reservoir Road N W, 2 PHC, Washington, DC 20007 2197, USA
J Autoimmun 19:129-37. 2002..The suppression of Th1 cell related cytokines and/or augmentation of the macrophage cytokine IL-1 may play a role in the diabetes sparing effect of rIFN-gamma...
- Self-efficacy, outcome expectations, and diabetes self-management in adolescents with type 1 diabetesRonald J Iannotti
Prevention Research Branch, Division of Statistics, Epidemiology and Prevention Research, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Dev Behav Pediatr 27:98-105. 2006..These brief measures can be used to identify youths at risk of poor diabetes self-management. Interventions targeting self-efficacy may lead to improved diabetes self-management...
- Assessing regimen adherence of adolescents with type 1 diabetesRonald J Iannotti
Division of Epidemiology, Statistics, and Prevention Research, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development National Institutes of Health, 6100 Executive Blvd, 7B05, Bethesda, MD 20892 7510, USA
Diabetes Care 29:2263-7. 2006..The Diabetes Behavior Rating Scale (DBRS) is a self-administered, fixed-choice survey...
- Identification of distinct self-management styles of adolescents with type 1 diabetesStefan Schneider
National Institute of Child Health and Human Development NIH DHHS, 6100 Executive Blvd, Bethesda, MD 20892 7510, USA
Diabetes Care 30:1107-12. 2007..Using a profile-based approach to the assessment of diabetes management, the purpose of this study was to identify and evaluate an empirically derived classification system of distinct self-management styles...