Affiliation: Georgetown University
- Pilot analysis of the plasma metabolite profiles associated with emphysematous Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease phenotypeMikell Paige
Georgetown University, Drug Discovery Program, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, 3970 Reservoir Road, NW, NRB EP15, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 413:588-93. 2011..These results also suggest that the metabolomics profiling could potentially guide the characterization of relevant metabolites that leads to an emphysematous COPD phenotype...
- ApoE mimetic peptide decreases Abeta production in vitro and in vivoS Sakura Minami
Department of Neuroscience, Georgetown University, 3970 Reservoir Rd, NW, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Mol Neurodegener 5:16. 2010..Here, we further examined whether peptides containing tandem repeats of the apoE receptor-binding region (amino acids 141-149) affected APP trafficking, APP processing, and Abeta production...
- Effect of the leukotriene A4 hydrolase aminopeptidase augmentor 4-methoxydiphenylmethane in a pre-clinical model of pulmonary emphysemaEliseu O De Oliveira
Georgetown University Medical Center, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 21:6746-50. 2011..Pre-clinical evaluation of our drug showed protection against intranasal elastase-induced pulmonary emphysema in murine models...
- Identification of a binding site of the human immunodeficiency virus envelope protein gp120 to neuronal-specific tubulinValeria Avdoshina
Laboratory of Preclinical Neurobiology, Department of Neuroscience, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, District of Columbia, USA
J Neurochem 137:287-98. 2016..Displacing gp120 from binding to tubulin by a small peptide prevents gp120-mediated neuronal loss. Our study reveals a novel target for developing adjunct therapies against viral infection that promotes neurocognitive disorders. ..
- Synthesis and pharmacological characterization of new neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptor ligands derived from Sazetidine-AYong Liu
Center for Drug Discovery, Georgetown University Medical Center, Research Building EP07, 3970 Reservoir Road, NW, Washington, DC 20057, United States
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 24:2954-6. 2014..The biaryl analog 17 exhibited a much lower affinity as compared to Sazetidine-A indicating the importance of a 'long tail' side chain for α4β2 nAChR binding...
- Design, synthesis and biological evaluation of ezrin inhibitors targeting metastatic osteosarcomaMikell Paige
George Mason University, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, 10900 University Blvd, MS 1A9, Manassas, VA 20110, USA Georgetown University Medical Center, Center for Drug Discovery, 3970 Reservoir Road, NW, The Research Building, Room EP07, Washington, DC 20057, USA Electronic address
Bioorg Med Chem 22:478-87. 2014..Optimization of a series of heterocyclic-dione analogues led to the discovery of compounds 21k and 21m as potential novel antimetastatic agents. ..