Princy N Kumar
Affiliation: Georgetown University
- A prospective, 96-week study of the impact of Trizivir, Combivir/nelfinavir, and lamivudine/stavudine/nelfinavir on lipids, metabolic parameters and efficacy in antiretroviral-naive patients: effect of sex and ethnicityP N Kumar
Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
HIV Med 7:85-98. 2006....
- A randomized, controlled trial of initial anti-retroviral therapy with abacavir/lamivudine/zidovudine twice-daily compared to atazanavir once-daily with lamivudine/zidovudine twice-daily in HIV-infected patients over 48 weeks (ESS100327, the ACTION Study)Princy N Kumar
Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
AIDS Res Ther 6:3. 2009..The ACTION study was a randomized, open-label, multicenter, 48-week trial that compared the safety and efficacy of a triple nucleoside regimen versus a protease inhibitor plus a dual nucleoside regimen in HIV-1 treatment-naïve subjects...
- Lamivudine for the treatment of HIVPrincy N Kumar
Division of Infectious Diseases, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol 6:105-14. 2010..It also has one of the best tolerability and long-term safety profiles among all antiretroviral agents and continues to be preferred as part of initial or subsequent combination therapy in HIV-infected patients...
- Contemporary role of nevirapine in HIV treatmentLaura O Coster
Georgetown University Medical Center, Division of Infectious Diseases, Washington, DC 20007, USA
AIDS Rev 14:132-44. 2012..This review focuses on current information regarding the role of nevirapine in HAART and defines patient groups whose clinical profiles may warrant consideration of nevirapine...
- Pharmacologic issues of antiretroviral agents and immunosuppressive regimens in HIV-infected solid organ transplant recipientsJennifer Primeggia
Georgetown University Medical Center, Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Washington, DC 20007 2113, USA
Infect Dis Clin North Am 27:473-86. 2013..As more antiretroviral regimens are cautiously initiated in the posttransplant period, further research is needed to identify drug-drug interactions to minimize toxicities and improve long-term survival and graft function...
- Bartonella Endocarditis and Pauci-Immune Glomerulonephritis: A Case Report and Review of the LiteratureJillian E Raybould
Medstar Georgetown University Hospital, Georgetown University School of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases and Travel Medicine, Washington, DC The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Hospital, Chapel Hill, NC and Medstar Georgetown University Hospital, Georgetown University School of Medicine, Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Washington, DC
Infect Dis Clin Pract (Baltim Md) 24:254-260. 2016..We present a case of ANCA-positive Bartonella endocarditis with associated pauci-immune glomerulonephritis that was successfully treated with medical management alone...
- Ocular syphilis in HIV-positive patients receiving highly active antiretroviral therapyGayle P Balba
Division of Infectious Diseases, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
Am J Med 119:448.e21-5. 2006..From October 2001 to October 2002, we have observed a surprisingly high incidence of ocular syphilis in human immunodeficiency virus-positive (HIV+) patients receiving highly active antiretroviral therapy at our clinic...