Affiliation: Georgetown University
- A comprehensive analysis of the androgen receptor gene and risk of breast cancer: results from the National Cancer Institute Breast and Prostate Cancer Cohort Consortium (BPC3)David G Cox
Program in Molecular and Genetic Epidemiology, Epidemiology Department, Harvard School of Public Health, 677 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Breast Cancer Res 8:R54. 2006..Here, we report on the results of a large and comprehensive study of the association between genetic variation in the AR gene and risk of breast cancer in the National Cancer Institute Breast and Prostate Cancer Cohort Consortium (BPC3)...
- State-of-the-art screening for lung cancer (part 1): the chest radiographMatthew Freedman
Lombardi Cancer Center and Imaging Science and Information Systems Research Center, Georgetown University Medical Center, Lombardi Building S150, Box 20057 1465, 3800 Reservoir Road, NW Washington, DC 20057 1465, USA
Thorac Surg Clin 14:43-52. 2004....
- Improved small volume lung cancer detection with computer-aided detection: database characteristics and imaging of response to breast cancer risk reduction strategiesMatthew Freedman
Department of Oncology, Division of Cancer Genetics and Epidemiology, ISIS Imaging Science and Information Systems Research Center, Georgetown University Medical Center, Box 20057 1465, Washington, D C 20057 1465, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1020:175-89. 2004..Bioinformatics will be an important contributor to this in vivo imaging biomarker development...
- Reader variability: what we can learn from computer-aided detection experimentsMatthew Freedman
Lombardi Cancer Center, Division of Cancer Genetics and Epidemiology, Department of Oncology, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20057, USA
J Am Coll Radiol 3:446-55. 2006..Computer-aided detection, therefore, decreases intraobserver variability and interobserver variability...
- Heat maps: an aid for data analysis and understanding of ROC CAD experimentsMatthew T Freedman
Division of Cancer Genetics and Epidemiology, Department of Oncology, Georgetown University Medical Center, Lombardi Building S150 Office S184A, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Acad Radiol 15:249-59. 2008....
- Digitized mammography: a clinical trial of postmenopausal women randomly assigned to receive raloxifene, estrogen, or placeboM Freedman
Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 93:51-6. 2001..We assessed changes in mammographic density among women receiving placebo, raloxifene, or conjugated equine estrogens in an osteoporosis prevention trial...
- Image-guided robotic delivery system for precise placement of therapeutic agentsK Cleary
Imaging Science and Information Systems ISIS Center, Radiology Department, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
J Control Release 74:363-8. 2001..In future work, we plan to fuse preoperative PET imaging with intraoperative CT to allow functional as well as anatomic image guidance...
- Acceptability of diagnostic tests for breast cancerWenchi Liang
Department of Oncology, Georgetown University Medical Center, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 79:199-206. 2003..To assess the acceptability of new non-invasive breast cancer diagnostic tests intended to triage women in need of biopsy...
- Technology improvements for image-guided and minimally invasive spine proceduresKevin Cleary
Imaging Science and Information Systems Center, Department of Radiology, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
IEEE Trans Inf Technol Biomed 6:249-61. 2002....
- Serendipity in diagnostic imaging: magnetic resonance imaging of the breastW F Lawrence
Cancer Clinical and Economic Outcomes Core, Lombardi Cancer Center, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 90:1792-800. 1998..To understand better whether or not biopsy procedures should be performed to evaluate serendipitous lesions, we estimated the breast cancer risk for women with this type of lesion...
- A pilot study to establish a clinical model to perform phase II studies of breast cancer chemopreventive agents in women at high risk with biomarkers as surrogate endpoints for activityVered Stearns
Breast Cancer Program, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University, Washington, DC, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:8332-40. 2004..We chose tamoxifen to establish proof of principal with a known effective agent...
- Nanodelivery of MRI contrast agent enhances sensitivity of detection of lung cancer metastasesMatthew Freedman
Department of Oncology, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University Medical Center, 3970 Reservoir Road NW, Washington, DC 20057 1469, USA
Acad Radiol 16:627-37. 2009..Therefore, there is a need for enhanced sensitivity/specificity of detection for small lung cancers...
- Detection of LOH and mitochondrial DNA alterations in ductal lavage and nipple aspirate fluids from hngh-risk patientsClaudine Isaacs
Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 84:99-105. 2004..One NAF sample from a BRCA1 patient showed a mtDNA mutation. Our data demonstrates the feasibility of performing molecular studies using the free DNA present in the ductal fluid, while the intact cells can be used for cytologic studies...
- Reflectance confocal microscopy for characterization of mammary ductal structures and development of neoplasia in genetically engineered mouse models of breast cancerAngela Parrish
Georgetown University, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, 3970 Reservoir Road NW, Washington, DC 20057, USA
J Biomed Opt 10:051602. 2005..In summary, reflectance confocal microscopy is a tool that can be used to rapidly and accurately analyze mammary gland structure...
- Independent versus sequential reading in ROC studies of computer-assist modalities: analysis of components of varianceSergey V Beiden
Center for Devices and Radiological Health, Food and Drug Administration, Rockville, MD 20857, USA
Acad Radiol 9:1036-43. 2002..In the "independent" mode the readings are separated by about I month; in the "sequential" mode, the computer-assisted reading immediately follows the unassisted reading...
- Diagnostic procedures after a positive spiral computed tomography lung carcinoma screenPaul F Pinsky
Division of Cancer Prevention, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Cancer 103:157-63. 2005....
- Final results of the Lung Screening Study, a randomized feasibility study of spiral CT versus chest X-ray screening for lung cancerJohn K Gohagan
Division of Cancer Prevention, National Cancer Institute, 6130 Executive Blvd, EPN 3064, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Lung Cancer 47:9-15. 2005..A total of 16 stage III-IV cancers were observed in the LDCT arm versus nine in the CXR arm. The LSS has established the feasibility of a RCT comparing annual spiral CT to chest X-ray for lung cancer screening...
- Como international conference position statement: lung cancer screening for early diagnosis 5 years after the 1998 Varese conferenceGary M Strauss
Division of Medical Oncology, Rhode Island Hospital, Brown Medical School, 593 Eddy St, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Chest 127:1146-51. 2005..The Como Conference was undertaken to consider the need for a change in the existing recommendations against screening...
- Abnormalities on chest radiograph reported in subjects in a cancer screening trialPaul F Pinsky
Division of Cancer Prevention, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Chest 130:688-93. 2006..There is little literature either on the prevalence in the general population of various abnormalities seen on CXRs or on the risks associated with these abnormalities...
- Sensitivity of noncommercial computer-aided detection system for mammographic breast cancer detection: pilot clinical trialMark A Helvie
Department of Radiology, University of Michigan Health Systems, 1500 E Medical Center Dr, TC 2910, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0326, USA
Radiology 231:208-14. 2004..To evaluate a noncommercial computer-aided detection (CAD) program for breast cancer detection with screening mammography...
- Prevalence of non-cancer-related abnormalities on low-dose spiral computer tomography versus chest radiograph in a screening populationPaul Pinsky
Thorax 62:190. 2007
- Modeling and E-M estimation of haplotype-specific relative risks from genotype data for a case-control study of unrelated individualsDaniel O Stram
Department of Preventive Medicine, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Hum Hered 55:179-90. 2003..1]) the differences between the three methods are very small and in particular that the single imputation method may be expected to work extremely well...
- Sequence variants of estrogen receptor beta and risk of prostate cancer in the National Cancer Institute Breast and Prostate Cancer Cohort ConsortiumYen Ching Chen
Channing Laboratory, 181 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:1973-81. 2007..Estrogen receptor beta (ESR2) may play a role in modulating prostate carcinogenesis through the regulation of genes related to cell proliferation and apoptosis...