Affiliation: Georgetown University
- Occurrence and removal of a knotted pulmonary artery catheter: a case reportLadan Eshkevari
Georgetown University, School of Nursing and Health Studies, Washington, DC, USA
AANA J 75:423-8. 2007..The following case report describes one potential complication, a knot, and its management by the anesthesia care team in coordination with interventional radiology...
- Acupuncture blocks cold stress-induced increases in the hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal axis in the ratLadan Eshkevari
School of Nursing and Health Studies, Georgetown University Medical Center, 421 St Mary s Hall, 3700 Reservoir Road NW, Washington, DC 20007, USA
J Endocrinol 217:95-104. 2013..These results indicate that EA St₃₆ blocks the chronic stress-induced elevations in the HPA and the sympathetic NPY pathway, which may be a mechanism for its specific stress-allaying effects...
- Acupuncture at ST36 prevents chronic stress-induced increases in neuropeptide Y in ratLadan Eshkevari
Department of Nursing, School of Nursing and Health Studies, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 237:18-23. 2012..The findings indicate that EA ST(36) is effective in preventing one of the sympathetic pathways stimulated during chronic stress, and thus may be a useful adjunct therapy in stress-related disorders...
- Use of acupuncture for chronic pain: optimizing clinical practiceLadan Eshkevari
Department of Anesthesia Pain Services, Georgetown University Hospital, Georgetown University School of Nursing and Health Studies, 1920 12th Street NW 2, Washington, DC 20009, USA
Holist Nurs Pract 19:217-21. 2005..This article will provide an overview about acupuncture principles, discuss current clinical evidence, and identify acupuncture resources to optimize practice for chronic pain management...
- Effects of Acupuncture, RU-486 on the Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Adrenal Axis in Chronically Stressed Adult Male RatsLadan Eshkevari
School of Nursing and Health Studies L E, Department of Pharmacology and Physiology L E, S E M, R E, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007 and School of Chinese Medicine L L, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
Endocrinology 156:3649-60. 2015..The results indicate that EA specifically at St36 vs sham-EA is effective in treating chronic poststress exposure. ..
- Acupuncture and pain: a review of the literatureLadan Eshkevari
Nurse Anesthesia Graduate Program, Georgetown University School of Nursing and Health Sciences, Washington, DC, USA
AANA J 71:361-70. 2003..Acupuncture is certainly not a cure-all; however, researchers and experienced clinicians both attest to its benefits. This article is a review of the literature with regard to acupuncture as a modality for pain management...