Tracey L Wheeler
Affiliation: George Mason University
- A novel method for oral stimulant administration in the neonate rat and similar speciesTracey L Wheeler
Department of Psychology, MS 3F5, George Mason University, 4400 University Dr, Fairfax, VA 22030, United States
J Neurosci Methods 159:282-5. 2007..We recommend employment of this alternative oral dosing technique as it is minimally invasive, can be used anytime during postnatal development, and does not depend upon voluntary consumption...
- Long-term changes in fear conditioning and anxiety-like behavior following nicotine exposure in adult versus adolescent ratsLaura N Smith
Department of Psychology, George Mason University, MS 3F5, Fairfax, VA 22030, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 85:91-7. 2006..Overall, nicotine-pretreatment during adolescence induced effects on behaviors related to fear and anxiety in adulthood, while comparable pretreatment during adulthood failed to produce significant residual effects...
- Low-dose adolescent nicotine and methylphenidate have additive effects on adult behavior and neurochemistryTracey L Wheeler
Department of Psychology, Biopsychology, George Mason University, David King Hall Room 2086, 4400 University Drive MSN 3F5, Fairfax, VA 22030, United States
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 103:723-34. 2013..To our knowledge this is the first study that has shown long-term behavioral and neurochemical changes stemming from low chronic exposure of these two commonly co-consumed stimulants during adolescence...
- Periadolescent nicotine administration produces enduring changes in dendritic morphology of medium spiny neurons from nucleus accumbensCraig G McDonald
Department of Psychology, George Mason University, 4400 University Drive, David King Hall Mail Stop 3F5, Fairfax, VA 22030, USA
Neurosci Lett 385:163-7. 2005....
- Nicotine causes age-dependent changes in gene expression in the adolescent female rat brainOksana O Polesskaya
Center for Biomedical Genomics and Informatics, George Mason University, Discovery Hall, mail stop 1J1, 10900 University Blvd, Manassas, VA 20110, USA
Neurotoxicol Teratol 29:126-40. 2007..Thus, the age of maximal gene expression response to nicotine in female rats corresponds approximately to the age of maximal behavioral response and the age of puberty...