SHERRY D MOLOCK
Affiliation: George Washington University
- The baby or the bath water? Lessons learned from the National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention Research Prioritization Task Force literature reviewSherry Davis Molock
Department of Psychology, George Washington University Electronic address
Am J Prev Med 47:S115-21. 2014..The Research Prioritization Task Force of the National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention conducted a comprehensive literature review of suicide prevention/intervention trials to assess the quality of the scientific evidence...
- Qualitative study of suicidality and help-seeking behaviors in African American adolescentsSherry Davis Molock
The George Washington University, Washington, DC, USA
Am J Community Psychol 40:52-63. 2007..Implications for developing church-based suicide interventions are discussed...
- Developing suicide prevention programs for African American youth in African American churchesSherry Davis Molock
George Washington University, Washington, DC 20052, USA
Suicide Life Threat Behav 38:323-33. 2008..Potential barriers and suggestions for how to overcome these barriers are discussed...
- Suicide and African American teenagers: risk factors and coping mechanismsMarisa Spann
Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Suicide Life Threat Behav 36:553-68. 2006..Results also highlight the importance of examining the role of culturally salient variables such as fatalism and religious coping style when developing intervention programs for suicide...
- Cultural considerations in adolescent suicide prevention and psychosocial treatmentDavid B Goldston
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC 27101, USA
Am Psychol 63:14-31. 2008..The needs for culturally sensitive and community- based interventions are discussed, along with future opportunities for research in intervention development and evaluation...
- SUICIDE RISK AND PROTECTIVE FACTORS IN BLACK ADOLESCENTSSHERRY MOLOCK; Fiscal Year: 2005..This information will be used to develop future research that is designed to develop community-based interventions in African American churches to ameliorate the growing rate of suicidal behaviors in the African American community. ..