Jatin P Ambegaonkar
Affiliation: George Mason University
- Lumbar lordosis in female collegiate dancers and gymnastsJatin P Ambegaonkar
Sports Medicine Assessment Research and Testing Laboratory, George Mason University, Bull Run Hall, MS 4E5, Manassas, VA 20110, USA Tel 703 993 2123, fax 703 993 2025
Med Probl Perform Art 29:189-92. 2014..Dancers and gymnasts are anecdotally suggested to have exaggerated lumbar lordosis and subsequently may be at increased risk of lumbar pathologies. Our objective was to examine lumbar lordosis levels in dancers and gymnasts...
- Lower body stiffness and muscle activity differences between female dancers and basketball players during drop jumpsJatin P Ambegaonkar
Sports Medicine Assessment Research and Testing Laboratory, George Mason University, Manassas, Virginia
Sports Health 3:89-96. 2011..Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries often occur during landing, with female athletes at higher injury risk than male athletes. Interestingly, female dancers have lower ACL injury rates than do female athletes in general...
- Balance comparisons between female dancers and active nondancersJatin P Ambegaonkar
Sports Medicine Assessment Research and Testing Laboratory, George Mason University, MS 4E5, Bull Run Hall, Manassas, VA 20110, USA
Res Q Exerc Sport 84:24-9. 2013..Dancers are proposed to have superior balance compared with physically active nondancers, and this may reduce their risk for ACL injury. However, whether female dancers actually have better balance than active nondancers is unclear...
- Upper-body muscular endurance in female university-level modern dancers: a pilot studyJatin P Ambegaonkar
Sports Medicine Assessment Research and Testing Laboratory, and the Performing Arts Medicine Program, George Mason University, 223 Bull Run Hall, Manassas, Virgina 20110, USA
J Dance Med Sci 16:3-7. 2012..Hence, it is suggested that modern dancers should engage in strength and conditioning training programs to enhance upper-body endurance...
- A subsequent movement alters lower extremity muscle activity and kinetics in drop jumps vs. drop landingsJatin P Ambegaonkar
Sports Medicine Assessment Research and Testing Laboratory, George Mason University, Manassas, Virginia, USA
J Strength Cond Res 25:2781-8. 2011..Generalizations of results from landing-only studies should not be made with landing followed-by-subsequent-activity studies. Landing exercises should be incorporated based on sport-specific demands...
- Development and implementation of an in-house healthcare program for university-level performing artistsJatin P Ambegaonkar
Sports Medicine Assessment, Research and Testing Laboratory, George Mason University, Manassas, VA, USA
Work 40:261-8. 2011..Therefore, our objective was to describe the successful development and implementation of the George Mason University university-level PAM program as a possible template for other institutions...
- Ankle stabilizers affect agility but not vertical jump or dynamic balance performanceJatin P Ambegaonkar
Sports Medicine Assessment Research and Testing Laboratory, George Mason University, Manassas, VA 20110, USA
Foot Ankle Spec 4:354-60. 2011..Clinicians should be aware that ankle stabilizers may affect some performance measures (agility) but not others (jumping, balance) and continue examinations in larger cohorts...
- Core stability: implications for dance injuriesAshley M Rickman
George Mason University, Manassas, VA 20110, USA
Med Probl Perform Art 27:159-64. 2012..Future researchers should explore the multifactorial role of CS in reducing injury risk and enhancing performance in dancers...
- State-specific differences in school sports preparticipation physical evaluation policiesShane V Caswell
George Mason University, Sports Medicine Assessment, Research and Testing SMART Laboratory, Manassas, Virginia and
Pediatrics 135:26-32. 2015..This study evaluated the current preparticipation physical evaluation (PPE) administrative policies and cardiovascular screening content of all 50 states and Washington, DC...
- Knee kinematics is altered post-fatigue while performing a crossover taskNelson Cortes
Sports Medicine Assessment, Research and Testing SMART Laboratory, George Mason University, Manassas, VA, USA
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 22:2202-8. 2014..To examine the effect of a sequential fatigue protocol on lower extremity biomechanics during a crossover cutting task in female soccer players...
- Postural stability does not differ among female sports with high risk of anterior cruciate ligament injuryNelson Cortes
SMART Laboratory, Division of Health and Human Performance, George Mason University, 10900 University Blvd MS 4E5, Manassas, VA 20110, USA Tel 703 993 9257, fax 703 993 2025
Med Probl Perform Art 29:216-20. 2014..Future research should examine the effects of dynamic balance and limb asymmetries among sports to elucidate on the existing differences on ACL injury incidence rates. ..
- Antecedents of ethical decision-making: intercollegiate sporting environments as clinical education and practice settingsShane V Caswell
School of Recreation, Health, and Tourism, George Mason University, Manassas, VA 20110, USA
J Allied Health 38:39-46. 2009..These findings serve as a baseline for future research examining the ethical ideologies and ethical decision-making levels of athletic training practitioners and other allied health professionals across clinical settings...
- Effects of unilateral and bilateral lower-body heavy resistance exercise on muscle activity and testosterone responsesMargaret T Jones
Division of Health and Human Performance, George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia, USA
J Strength Cond Res 26:1094-100. 2012..The PS exercise may be an effective method for including unilateral exercise into lower-body resistance training when designing training programs for ground-based activities...
- Relationships between core strength, hip external rotator muscle strength, and star excursion balance test performance in female lacrosse playersAngela T Gordon
Physiotherapy Associates, Alexandria, VA, USA
Int J Sports Phys Ther 8:97-104. 2013..Therefore the purpose of the current study was to examine the relationships between core strength, hip ER strength and lower extremity balance as measured by the Star Excursion Balance Test (SEBT)...