Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Genentech Inc
- PEST domain-enriched tyrosine phosphatase (PEP) regulation of effector/memory T cellsKiminori Hasegawa
Department of Immunology, Genentech, Inc, One DNA Way, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Science 303:685-9. 2004..These results revealed a central role for PEP in negatively regulating specific aspects of T cell development and function...
- B cell immunobiology in disease: evolving concepts from the clinicFlavius Martin
Department of Immunology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Annu Rev Immunol 24:467-96. 2006..In this review, we highlight some of these recent findings that provide insights into both murine models of autoimmunity and human autoimmune diseases...
- Anti-BR3 antibodies: a new class of B-cell immunotherapy combining cellular depletion and survival blockadeWei Yu Lin
Department of Immunology, Genentech, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Blood 110:3959-67. 2007..This novel class of B-cell-targeted therapies shows species characteristics in mice and primates that will guide translation to treatment of human disease...
- Transplantation: it may take two to tango and to treatFlavius Martin
Immunol Cell Biol 86:107-8. 2008
- Equilibrative nucleoside transporter 3 deficiency perturbs lysosome function and macrophage homeostasisChia Lin Hsu
Immunology, Genentech Inc, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Science 335:89-92. 2012..These studies suggest a cellular and molecular basis for the development of histiocytosis in several human syndromes associated with ENT3 mutations and potentially other LSDs...
- Pathogenic roles of B cells in human autoimmunity; insights from the clinicFlavius Martin
Department of Immunology, One DNA Way, MS 34, South San Francisco, CA 94080 USA
Immunity 20:517-27. 2004..In this review, we will highlight some of these studies and discuss how clinical insights parallel murine models of normal immunity and autoimmunity...
- Dual B cell immunotherapy is superior to individual anti-CD20 depletion or BAFF blockade in murine models of spontaneous or accelerated lupusWeiyu Lin
Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California
Arthritis Rheumatol 67:215-24. 2015..To determine whether a combination of B cell depletion and BAFF blockade is more effective than monotherapy in treating models of spontaneous or accelerated systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) in (NZB × NZW)F1 mice...
- In vivo blockade of OX40 ligand inhibits thymic stromal lymphopoietin driven atopic inflammationDhaya Seshasayee
Department of Immunology, Genentech Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Clin Invest 117:3868-78. 2007..The use of a blocking, OX40L-specific mAb thus presents a promising strategy for the treatment of allergic diseases associated with pathologic Th2 immune responses...
- A soluble BAFF antagonist, BR3-Fc, decreases peripheral blood B cells and lymphoid tissue marginal zone and follicular B cells in cynomolgus monkeysYulia Vugmeyster
Genentech, Inc, San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Am J Pathol 168:476-89. 2006..These findings should prove very useful in guiding the desired therapeutic use of BR3-Fc for autoimmune diseases in the clinic...
- PILRα negatively regulates mouse inflammatory arthritisYonglian Sun
Department of Immunology, Genentech, South San Francisco, CA 94080
J Immunol 193:860-70. 2014..Our studies suggest that PILRα mediates an important inhibitory pathway that can dampen inflammatory responses. ..
- Importance of cellular microenvironment and circulatory dynamics in B cell immunotherapyQian Gong
Department of Immunology, Genentech, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
J Immunol 174:817-26. 2005..These findings provide new insights into the mechanisms of immunotherapy and define new opportunities in the treatment of cancers and autoimmune diseases...
- Structural basis for the dual recognition of helical cytokines IL-34 and CSF-1 by CSF-1RXiaolei Ma
Department of Structural Biology, Genentech, Inc, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Structure 20:676-87. 2012....
- Comparative transcriptomic analyses of atopic dermatitis and psoriasis reveal shared neutrophilic inflammationDavid F Choy
Department of Immunology, Tissue Growth, and Repair Biomarker Discovery, Genentech, South San Francisco, CA, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 130:1335-43.e5. 2012..Despite intensive investigation, these pathways remain incompletely understood in vivo in human subjects...
- Synthetic anti-BR3 antibodies that mimic BAFF binding and target both human and murine B cellsChingwei V Lee
Department of Protein Engineering, Genentech Inc, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Blood 108:3103-11. 2006....
- A mouse knockout library for secreted and transmembrane proteinsTracy Tang
Department of Molecular Biology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California, USA
Nat Biotechnol 28:749-55. 2010..To our knowledge, a comprehensive phenotypic assessment of a large number of mouse mutants generated by a gene-specific approach has not been described previously...
- Critical role of activation induced cytidine deaminase in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitisYonglian Sun
Department of Immunology, Genentech Inc, San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Autoimmunity 46:157-67. 2013..Thus affinity maturation and/or class switching are critical processes in the pathogenesis of EAE...
- Chondroitin sulfate synthase 1 (Chsy1) is required for bone development and digit patterningDeanna G Wilson
Genentech, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Dev Biol 363:413-25. 2012..Our results place Chsy1 as an essential regulator of joint patterning and provide a mouse model of human brachydactylies caused by mutations in CHSY1...
- Phosphorylation and linear ubiquitin direct A20 inhibition of inflammationIngrid E Wertz
Discovery Oncology, Genentech, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Nature 528:370-5. 2015..Collectively, our studies reveal molecular mechanisms whereby A20 deubiquitinase activity and ubiquitin binding, linear ubiquitination, and cellular kinases cooperate to regulate inflammation and cell death. ..
- Loss of the tumor suppressor BAP1 causes myeloid transformationAnwesha Dey
Department of Physiological Chemistry, Genentech, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Science 337:1541-6. 2012..A BAP1 catalytic mutation found in a MDS patient implies that BAP1 loss of function has similar consequences in mice and humans...
- APRIL-deficient mice have normal immune system developmentEugene Varfolomeev
Department of Molecular Oncology, Genentech Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:997-1006. 2004..These data indicate that APRIL is dispensable in the mouse for proper development. Thus, BLyS may be capable of fulfilling APRIL's main functions...
- Control of spontaneous B lymphocyte autoimmunity with adenovirus-encoded soluble TACIWeimin Liu
University of Alabama at Birmingham, and the Birmingham VA Medical Center, 35294, USA
Arthritis Rheum 50:1884-96. 2004..Serum B lymphocyte stimulator (BLyS) is increased in autoimmune diseases, both in animal models and in humans. This study examined the effect of BLyS blockade in 3 animal models of lupus...
- Blood dendritic cells interact with splenic marginal zone B cells to initiate T-independent immune responsesMercedesz Balazs
Division of Developmental and Clinical Immunology, Department of Microbiology, University of Alabama, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Immunity 17:341-52. 2002..In the absence of soluble TACI ligands, Ag-activated MZ- and B1-derived blasts lack survival signals and undergo apoptosis, resulting in severely impaired antibody responses...
- Marginal-zone B cellsFlavius Martin
Department of Microbiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294 3300, USA
Nat Rev Immunol 2:323-35. 2002..Now that the initial 'infatuation' is over, it is time to reconsider these data and generate some conclusions that can be incorporated into a working model of the B-cell system...