Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Genentech Inc
- Differential activation of the inflammasome by caspase-1 adaptors ASC and IpafSanjeev Mariathasan
Molecular Oncology Department, Genentech, Inc, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Nature 430:213-8. 2004..Notably, cell death triggered by stimuli that engage caspase-1 was ablated in macrophages lacking either ASC or Ipaf, suggesting a coupling between the inflammatory and cell death pathways...
- Inflammasome adaptors and sensors: intracellular regulators of infection and inflammationSanjeev Mariathasan
Department of Translational Oncology, Genentech, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Nat Rev Immunol 7:31-40. 2007..Here we review recent work on the activation of the inflammasome in response to various bacterial pathogens and tissue damage...
- Novel staphylococcal glycosyltransferases SdgA and SdgB mediate immunogenicity and protection of virulence-associated cell wall proteinsWouter L W Hazenbos
Dept of Infectious Diseases, Genentech, Inc, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 9:e1003653. 2013....
- ASC, Ipaf and Cryopyrin/Nalp3: bona fide intracellular adapters of the caspase-1 inflammasomeSanjeev Mariathasan
Department of Translational Oncology, Genentech, Inc, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Microbes Infect 9:664-71. 2007..The analysis of mice deficient in ASC, Ipaf and Cryopyrin/Nalp3 has revealed that the inflammasome is a dynamic entity that is assembled from different adapters in a stimulus-dependent manner...
- Cryopyrin activates the inflammasome in response to toxins and ATPSanjeev Mariathasan
Molecular Oncology Department, Genentech Inc, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Nature 440:228-32. 2006..Therefore, cryopyrin is essential for inflammasome activation in response to signalling pathways triggered specifically by ATP, nigericin, maitotoxin, S. aureus or L. monocytogenes...
- Innate immunity against Francisella tularensis is dependent on the ASC/caspase-1 axisSanjeev Mariathasan
Molecular Oncology Department, Genentech Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
J Exp Med 202:1043-9. 2005....
- POPing the fire into the pyrin?Sanjeev Mariathasan
Department of Molecular Oncology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Biochem J 373:e1-2. 2003..identifies a new member of the pyrin family that may control signalling by sequestering pro-inflammatory components, shedding light on the origin of human inflammatory disorders...
- A NOD2-NALP1 complex mediates caspase-1-dependent IL-1beta secretion in response to Bacillus anthracis infection and muramyl dipeptideLi Chung Hsu
Departments of Pharmacology and Pathology, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:7803-8. 2008..Thus, NOD2 plays a key role in the B. anthracis-induced inflammatory response by being a critical mediator of IL-1beta secretion...
- Development of autoreactive diabetogenic T cells in the thymus of NOD miceHyokjoon Kwon
Julia McFarlane Diabetes Research Centre, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Calgary, 3330 Hospital Drive N W, Calgary, Alberta T2N 4N1 Canada
J Autoimmun 24:11-23. 2005..scid mice. We conclude that the development of autoreactive diabetogenic T cells results from inordinate positive selection due to the low activation threshold of DP thymocytes in NOD mice...
- The Birc1e cytosolic pattern-recognition receptor contributes to the detection and control of Legionella pneumophila infectionDario S Zamboni
Section of Microbial Pathogenesis, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06536, USA
Nat Immunol 7:318-25. 2006..These results establish Birc1e as a nucleotide-binding oligomerization-leucine-rich repeat protein involved in the detection and control of intracellular L. pneumophila...