Affiliation: Genentech Inc
- Transcription factor Etv5 is essential for the maintenance of alveolar type II cells.Zhen Zhang
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 114:3903-3908. 2017..These findings identify Etv5 as a critical output of Ras signaling in AT2 cells, contributing to both lung homeostasis and tumor initiation...
- Impaired c-Jun amino terminal kinase activity and T cell differentiation in death receptor 6-deficient miceH Zhao
Department of Molecular Oncology, Genentech Inc, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
J Exp Med 194:1441-8. 2001..Therefore, DR6, working through JNK, rather than apoptosis, functions to attenuate the Th2 response. This is the first demonstration of a role in the activation and differentiation of Th cells by DR6 in particular and DRs in general...
- Yersinia virulence factor YopJ acts as a deubiquitinase to inhibit NF-kappa B activationHonglin Zhou
Molecular Oncology Department, Genentech, Inc, San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
J Exp Med 202:1327-32. 2005..Moreover, an in vitro assay was established to demonstrate directly the deubiquitinating activity of purified YopJ...
- Mitochondrial reactive oxygen species drive proinflammatory cytokine productionEdwina Naik
Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
J Exp Med 208:417-20. 2011..New work exploring the mechanisms linking ROS and inflammation find that ROS derived from mitochondria act as signal-transducing molecules that provoke the up-regulation of inflammatory cytokine subsets via distinct molecular pathways...
- NF-kappaB signaling. Many roads lead to madridVishva Dixit
Genentech, Inc, 1 DNA Way, Building 10, Room 290, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Cell 111:615-9. 2002..The emerging understanding of new roles for NF-kappaB and complexities of the regulation of its function was the focus of a recent Juan March workshop held recently in Madrid, Spain...
- Profile: Learning from deathMelinda Wenner
Nature 453:271-3. 2008